Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Invite people who may be alone for Shabbos and Yom Tov

Alexandra1

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 7:02 am
A gentle reminder to invite people for Shabbos and Yom Tov. Please look around your block, shul, shiurim, etc., there probably are people (e.g., singles, couples w/o children, baalei teshuvas, etc.) who alone for Shabbos and Yom Tov. It can be very lonely to be eating many meals alone. Some communities have committees where one can ask to be invited. Although this is nice, wouldn't it be nicer than someone having to ask? Invite people and make them feel wanted and not a nebach.*** Also, for those families who are invited to any meal throughout the year, please let hostess know whether your entire family is coming. That one seat that your child is not using because s/he made a play date prior to Shabbos could be occupied by someone who is alone. There have been times when guests did not tell me that their child/children was/were not coming and I kept thinking-What a shame , "so and so" could have been invited.(I have very limited space).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics