Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Should I bring winter clothes to Israel for Sukkos?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 7:54 am
Hi! Is it starting to get cool in the evenings or is it still very hot?

Aylat

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 7:55 am
Hot! Maybe bring one lightweight sweater or cardigan to layer.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 7:59 am
Unless you want to melt in the heat I wouldn’t...

Iymnok

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:03 am
It’s hot. Humid in the past week. Maybe you’ll need a sweater in the sukka. Maybe. If it rains, it’s a lovely warm rain.

Sadie

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:10 am
It depends. In Jerusalem I’ve had to wear a sweater at night a few times already. But still over a cotton dress and sandals- definitely not winter clothes. But be aware of air conditioning. My husband and I just went shopping for chag and the mall was so freezing cold we had to buy the baby a sweater to wear while we shopped.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:11 am
Thank you! I'll be in Jerusalem. What about the late night meals in the Sukkos- it's still hot at 9-10pm?

jkw

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:23 am
Make sure you bring shoes that can get wet and buy an umbrella. Agree that a/c can be chilly so pack layers. A pashima is very useful this time of year.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:31 am
I don't know where you live - so if you live in a very snowy climete, not that kind of winter clothes. But absolutely bring a sweaterb jacket for evenings in the succah in Yerushalayim, weather this time of year can vary from them hot to chilly and possibly rainy.

flowergirl10

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 11:28 am
I’ve been in Jerusalem a few times for succos. It’s usually warm even at night but sometimes it can b a little cool. You can bring one warm outfit and a sweater/jacket. That’s what I did. I had to use the outfit one or twice at night. Or I just wore my summery outfits with a sweater or jacket on top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics