Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Two turkey roasts

oneofakind

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 10:26 am
I have two turkey roasts. One is pickled, one is not. Any ideas how to cook them? I'd like to use cranberry sauce in the cooking or as a sauce but I'm ok with not.

clowny

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 10:32 am
The pickled roast you should just cook in plain water. The unpickled roast- I have a cranberry recipe, I never tried it with turkey, only with beef. But here it is- can jellied cranberry, 2 tbsp onion soup mix, I cup water. I pour it over sliced beef and bake it. Not sure how you should do it with a roast. Maybe cook and slice it first?

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:53 pm
For the one not pickled; mix together cranberry sauce with onion soup mix and smear over roast. Cook at 350 covered until done. Slice when cold for neat slices. Serve with pan gravy. it is also good a room temperature.

For the picked one, I use this recipe from Rivkie Kleiman:
3-5 lb. pickled turkey breast
1-1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Put turkey breast in large pot. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain and put roast in roasting pan.

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over roast and bake for 1 hour. Baste roast and bake for 30 minutes more, basting every 10 minutes. Cool before slicing. Serve with pan juices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey