Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Guest and sheets
1  2  Next

simcha2

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:25 pm
Ridiculous question, but I don't know the answer.

We had a guest for RH. He is coming back for YK. Do I need to wash the sheets inbetween?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:26 pm
Yes

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:29 pm
If I were the guest, I definitely wouldn’t expect you to change the sheets if no one else would be using the bed in the meantime.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:31 pm
Honestly, I would cover to protect against dust and air out the room, but no, I wouldn't wash the sheets in between since only he was using them.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:31 pm
If no one else is using the bed in between, definitely not!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:39 pm
He couldn't shower for two days so the sheets are no longer fresh. If I were him, I would want to sleep on freshly laundered sheets at the beginning of Yom Kippur. Just my opinion.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:42 pm
No

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
He couldn't shower for two days so the sheets are no longer fresh. If I were him, I would want to sleep on freshly laundered sheets at the beginning of Yom Kippur. Just my opinion.

a) most people shower on yom tov

b) if it's that important to him, let him wash them himself.

To me it sounds insane.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:

Do you wash your own sheets after not showering on a two day Yom Tov?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 10:08 pm
we were just at my parents house for rosh Hashana and will be back for sukkot and I told my mom not to bother.

Honestly if you're able to - wash them.
I personally wouldn't care. but maybe he would? Also for me it wouldn't be a big deal to throw them in a load of wash but maybe your laundry situation is more complicated.

simcha2

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 10:32 pm
Thanks everyone. Guess if I get to it, that will be great, and if I don't, I won't feel too guilty.

(Toilet training toddler in the house, washing machine in near constant use).

flmommy

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 10:49 pm
I would smooth it out to look like I washed them Smile but na wouldn’t for sure!

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 11 2018, 11:18 pm
We used to go to my In laws for every shabbos through the summer. I told my mother in law that she shouldn't wash the linen every week. No one used the guest room besides us.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:05 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Do you wash your own sheets after not showering on a two day Yom Tov?

Yes

chanchy123

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 4:02 am
No. If no one else used the sheets. You can let the guest know in advance that you are planning to just leave the sheets for their next visit, so if it really bothers them they can bring their own fresh sheets.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:45 am
Nope. Sheets are complicated and more than that it's unneeded.

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:52 am
amother wrote:
Yes

We all have our own things that we do to feel comfortable. I personally find changing sheets to be kind of a big ordeal and hate doing it.

Out of curiosity, do you change your linens yourself? Or does cleaning help do it for you? I have a few friends who change their sheets a few times a week but its their cleaning help who does it for them. I’m thinking that its easier to change sheets so often if someone else is doing it for you.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 10:17 am
watergirl wrote:
We all have our own things that we do to feel comfortable. I personally find changing sheets to be kind of a big ordeal and hate doing it.

Out of curiosity, do you change your linens yourself? Or does cleaning help do it for you? I have a few friends who change their sheets a few times a week but its their cleaning help who does it for them. I’m thinking that its easier to change sheets so often if someone else is doing it for you.

I don't have a cleaning lady. Sometimes my dh helps me change the linens, B'H. I change my linens once a week, but if warranted, like after a 2 or 3 day yom tov, I'll change them again. I just don't like going into a bed where the linens don't feel clean.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 10:54 am
amother wrote:
Yes

Ok. So then I understand where you are coming from.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 12:16 pm
No, I sometimes have my guests bring their own linens.
(This is not uncommon in Israel)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry