Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Guest and sheets
Previous  1  2

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 12:22 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Ok. So then I understand where you are coming from.

Thank you

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:02 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Do you wash your own sheets after not showering on a two day Yom Tov?

Most people shower on yom tov in an acceptable manner.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:16 pm
amother wrote:
Most people shower on yom tov in an acceptable manner.

I don't know if it's MOST. In some communities it's considered acceptable, but in many it's not done. MAYBE MAYBE for a 3 day YT, but not for 2.
So we can't jump to assume OP and her guest showered.

Metukah

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:24 pm
As someone who changes her bed linen at least once a week, I would most certainly not expect my host to change the bed linen for me, twice, for a total 3 night stay.

If it's that important to me I'll bring my own linen.

No, if it was my guest I would not change the linen, unless someone else was using the bed in the interim, then I'd wash it. It's easier to store clean linen.. I would cover it with a spread to keep it fresh.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know if it's MOST. In some communities it's considered acceptable, but in many it's not done. MAYBE MAYBE for a 3 day YT, but not for 2.

Nor can we jump to the conclusion that everyone showers every day even when its isn't yom tov.

We're talking about sheets that were used for 2 nights, a person who almost certainly showered before the chag, and may (or may not) have showered during the chag. One day without a shower. I can't imagine sheets being dirty under those circumstances.

I say wash them if you want, but its fine not to wash them.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:

even if they don't shower that's their choice, OP doesn't have to rewash their sheets.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 5:21 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
If I were the guest, I definitely wouldn’t expect you to change the sheets if no one else would be using the bed in the meantime.

I always wondered if I’d ever write a post that got a ton of likes, and what deep words of wisdom it would impart. Now I know.

maze

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:45 pm
I wouldn't clean it in between and I wouldn't expect my host to wash the linen either.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:50 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I always wondered if I’d ever write a post that got a ton of likes, and what deep words of wisdom it would impart. Now I know.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
yes, I went back to see how many likes you got Cool

Orchid

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:06 pm
Not only wouldn't I wash it, I wouldn't even remake the bed to make it look fresh. It's "their room" for the time being and I wouldn't even walk into it, just like I wouldn't during their actual stay.

ETA: about the "most" people showering on YT.. I wonder if "most people" are aware of all the halachos? I went through the list of requirements for YT showering with DH and really wonder if everyone is doing it right. Just as an aside.

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 11:34 pm
Thank you for all the responses.

Just as an aside, no one showered on YT. The water heater that we have is not compatible with use on chag. Our guest knows that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry