Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Six Degrees - Riva Pomeranz or other new book

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:03 pm
I don't get the Ami so I didn't read it as a serial and I'm looking to buy a new book for yontif. Can those who read it say if they enjoyed it or not. Or if there's another new book you enjoyed please share.
No plot spoilers please!

penguin

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:08 pm
It was definitely the first thing I read as long as that serial was going on. Nowadays (from ALL the magazines) there's not always something as compelling. Though with Etka Gittel's new serial I think I will soon be drawn in (I actually just bought my own subscription because my second-hand source was becoming unreliable.)

Anyhow I found it quite interesting and enjoyable. Although for people with certain family issues I could see that it might be trigering, so if you have any such you might want to know what some of the relationships in the book are about?

InnerMe

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:31 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed it. (as I do most of Riva's works)
The powerful thing about it was that it was so real.
Real relationship problems/family dysfunction that keep happening around us, presented in a sharp and glaring light.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:27 pm
Penguin thank you for that warning. B'H our family issues are quite run of the mill.
I've also enjoyed almost all of her work, Prism 2 being the only one I can think of that I didn't care for.

littleprincess

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:32 pm
That was the first thing I read when I opened the ami. Love Riva pomerantz' stories!! I would definitely get it

EishesYo

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 5:00 pm
Depends on the read youre looking for!
I am hoping to get the new M Kenan. Awesome series! And the rabbi zlotowotz book pretty amazing!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room