Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
People Speak by Chaim Walder. Fiction?

Chew21

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:17 am
I love reading his books. Im always wondering if these books are true. Anyone know firsthand?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:19 am
I have heard that the basics of the story are true but then he or his editors go and embellish the stories to make them more wow factor based.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:09 am
They are total fiction.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 12:11 pm
Officially it's supposed to be true. According to some people I spoke with that are in the know, the percentage of the facts vs fiction make it fiction.

WastingTime

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 12:23 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I have heard that the basics of the story are true but then he or his editors go and embellish the stories to make them more wow factor based.

This. Starts off as a real story and then...

chay

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 2:48 pm
The story of the baby named after a fallen soldier and then they meet the soldiers mother and become close..
True story.
It’s my cousin

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:19 pm
deleted.
wrong thread.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:49 pm
I believe the stories are feel good bubbemaysis. I am very disappointed that he does not clearly state that these stories are embellished or at the very least heavily exaggerated.

heidi

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:56 pm
chay wrote:
The story of the baby named after a fallen soldier and then they meet the soldiers mother and become close..
True story.
It’s my cousin

This story makes me bawl no matter how many times I hear or read it.
Are they still in touch?

someone

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:06 pm
I once read an interview with Chaim Walder and he said that there is a basis of truth to all the stories. Some are almost all true, just with editing to make it more readable. Some are almost all fiction, just based on an idea that actually happened.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:38 pm
someone wrote:
I once read an interview with Chaim Walder and he said that there is a basis of truth to all the stories. Some are almost all true, just with editing to make it more readable. Some are almost all fiction, just based on an idea that actually happened.

"Basis of truth"? What does that mean? Let's be real. Many of his stories have fascinating twists and turns and almost always things work out very nicely. I was disappointed to realize when I got older that many of his stories are about as real as Santa claus.

reality mom

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:00 pm
It would be utter betrayal to learn that they are fiction. I specifically stay away from fiction since I can remember because I prefer not to read another minds creative combobulation, as I have plenty of my own, thank you.

chay

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 8:34 pm
heidi wrote:
This story makes me bawl no matter how many times I hear or read it.
Are they still in touch?

Yes, absolutely.

someone

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 1:04 am
amother wrote:
"Basis of truth"? What does that mean? Let's be real. Many of his stories have fascinating twists and turns and almost always things work out very nicely. I was disappointed to realize when I got older that many of his stories are about as real as Santa claus.

If I remember correctly he said that he takes the ideas from stories people send to him. Sometimes he keeps the story almost as it actually happened. Sometimes he takes some kind of element from the story and builds a totally different story around it. Something like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room