Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Where are the polls upto?
1  2  Next

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:38 pm
Does simcha Felder stand a chance at all? Somebody keep me updated here plz

ssspectacular

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:44 am
Why shouldn't he have a chance?

tweety1

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 8:57 am
I'm just asking. I'm very worried. We need him to win.

ssspectacular

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:50 am
We wont know until it's over. I'm also rooting for him. What about Cuomo?

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 11:21 am
It would be a massive upset for Cuomo to lose to Nixon. We all want Felder to win, but I haven't seen any polling. Don't take anything for granted, so go vote and encourage everyone you know to do the same. We also want to make sure that he not only wins, but crushes the opposition, so they don't try to do this to him again in the future.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 1:13 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Does simcha Felder stand a chance at all? Somebody keep me updated here plz

While I would never support Simcha Felder (sorry!), I did want to let you know if you want him to win, go out and vote! In this election, your vote counts!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 6:15 pm
Why do we all want Felder to win? So yeshivas can continue to withhold education from children and make it more likely that these children will not be able to support themselves as adults?

I don't know anything about his opponent, Blake Morris, but he's probably not a nut job. The New York Times endorsed him. Don't worry; I'm not voting in the primary. I don't live in New York. But I certainly won't be upset if Felder loses. I think he's a chillul Hashem.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:11 pm
And in any case, according to Ballotpedia, Felder is running unopposed in the Republican primary. So even if he loses the Democratic primary, he'll be on the ballot in November. If he wins today -- and I hope he doesn't -- it's a slam dunk for him in November, but even if he doesn't, he still has a good chance of retaining his seat.

tweety1

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 8:33 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Why do we all want Felder to win? So yeshivas can continue to withhold education from children and make it more likely that these children will not be able to support themselves as adults?

I don't know anything about his opponent, Blake Morris, but he's probably not a nut job. The New York Times endorsed him. Don't worry; I'm not voting in the primary. I don't live in New York. But I certainly won't be upset if Felder loses. I think he's a chillul Hashem.

The kind of education Morris wants to bring in I strongly oppose and many do. I don't need my kids exposed to any more garbage than they already are.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 8:35 pm
tweety1 wrote:
The kind of education Morris wants to bring in I strongly oppose and many do. I don't need my kids exposed to any more garbage than they already are.

Oh no! What are your kids being taught?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 8:58 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Oh no! What are your kids being taught?

Sarcasm alert๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:23 pm
With 28% of the vote in, Felder is up 52-48 ... a real nailbiter! Updates here: https://www.nytimes.com/intera.....html#

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:33 pm
71% in according to the NY Times
It's 63% Felder 37% Morris

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:36 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

Aseret Yemei Teshuva. Chilul Hashem is an aveira and so is lashon hara.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:38 pm
doctorima wrote:
With 28% of the vote in, Felder is up 52-48 ... a real nailbiter! Updates here: https://www.nytimes.com/intera.....html#

Thank Gd!

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:39 pm
Felder Morris election is very close.

District 17, Democratic Primary

Simcha Felder: 48.70%

Blake Morris: 45.30%

https://www.cityandstateny.com......html

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:44 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Aseret Yemei Teshuva. Chilul Hashem is an aveira and so is lashon hara.

The only one making a huge chillul Hashem and perpetuating hatred of frum Jews is Mr. Felder himself. His despicable actions have given New Yorkers good reason to hate us. How ironic that it is this exact aveirah that you choose to accuse his dissenters of.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:50 pm
what's his "despicable actions"? Caucausing with Republicans? His education bill?

Do you seriously think chassidish schools will change how they teach their kids if the government forces them? All you would hear from them was how the government was coming to destroy yiddishe chinuch bla bla bla. IMO Felder's bill was much more sensible. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:05 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:06 pm
With 85% of the vote in, Felder is comfortably ahead 61-39, but for some reason, the race still hasn't been called.

It's a shame that in the 18th district, Julia Salazar whose life story changes by the day has beaten the incumbent.

The lieutenant governor race is also interesting. Even though Cuomo crushed Nixon, her liberal running mate Jumaane Williams has a narrow lead over the incumbent, Cuomo's running mate Kathy Hochul (50.3 - 49.7 with half the vote counted).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics