Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Candidate endorsements? (NY elections)
1  2  Next

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 10:30 pm
Is there a list of candidate who are "good for the Jews" who I should vote for? I haven't been following the political scene at all and would be voting just to put up a good presence for my neighborhood.

If the Agudah any not non-profit put out a list of endorsed candidates, I'd be very grateful to see it! I know that our votes are needed, but I don't know for who.

I know that there's a lot to bash in this post, but really, I'd just like some information.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a list of candidate who are "good for the Jews" who I should vote for? I haven't been following the political scene at all and would be voting just to put up a good presence for my neighborhood.

If the Agudah any not non-profit put out a list of endorsed candidates, I'd be very grateful to see it! I know that our votes are needed, but I don't know for who.

I know that there's a lot to bash in this post, but really, I'd just like some information.

I did see a list somewhere that was recommended by the rabbonim,,,,of course number one priority is to vote for Simcha Felder, his opponent made some anti Semitic remarks blaming him for admitting he “represents HIS community.” As far as the rest, it’s pretty much that the Democrats are anti our community and needs ie, tuition relief for Yeshiva’s, busing...etc. So I vote republican all the way....

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 12:34 am
amother wrote:
I did see a list somewhere that was recommended by the rabbonim,,,,of course number one priority is to vote for Simcha Felder, his opponent made some anti Semitic remarks blaming him for admitting he “represents HIS community.” As far as the rest, it’s pretty much that the Democrats are anti our community and needs ie, tuition relief for Yeshiva’s, busing...etc. So I vote republican all the way....

This.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 2:42 pm
I'm a registered Democrat and going to the Democratic primaries. There won't be any Republican names on the ballot, I assume.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:

AFAIK, a non-profit cannot endorse a political candidate, or it will lost its exempt status, so what you're looking for does not exist.

GreenEyes26

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 2:48 pm
Whose the guy who is railroading YAFFED?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:

amother wrote:

AFAIK, a non-profit cannot endorse a political candidate, or it will lost its exempt status, so what you're looking for does not exist.

I asked for a not non-profit. That is, someone/something who would be a mouthpiece for the Agudah, or a reasonable proxy.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:22 pm
I'm just curious to see whether @flatbushgirl will win for district leader.
She definitely put in tons of effort into her campaign.

And OP I haven't seen any such list..

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 3:53 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
Whose the guy who is railroading YAFFED?

Simcha Felder. Vote him out.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:08 pm
Maya wrote:
Simcha Felder. Vote him out.

What's the deal with him?
Why are most Imas saying to keep him in place?
Is Felder doing other things that are good for his constituents?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:

I proudly voted for him. It’s him over Yaffed anytime.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:

He does good. I have no problem with Yaffed but choose Felder over them if it comes down to it.

fmt4

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:

Do you know how primaries work? Also since when are democrats anti the needs of the Jewish community? There’s a reason why chassidim bus in by the thousands to vote democrat- they’re the ones who are pro- welfare etc

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:49 pm
sorry Maya, Simcha Felder does a lot of good and truly represents the district. The guy running against him would not.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:51 pm
Sebastian wrote:
sorry Maya, Simcha Felder does a lot of good and truly represents the district. The guy running against him would not.

You’re the third person to mention that he “does good.” Can anyone elaborate on what exactly that good is? He’s famous for screwing with the senate, but not much else. I’m genuinely interested.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 4:56 pm
getting rid of the shopping bag tax, fighting against speeding cameras (which I have seen with my own eyes INCREASE accidents). In general, fighting against all the stupid politicians who work their hardest to nickel and dime every person living here. I don't care who he caucases with.

I don't care how other ppl. educate their kids. I wouldn't send to a school that didn't teach the 3 rs. From what I understand, the deal he reached with Cuomo said that private schools need to meet some basic standards.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:02 pm
Sebastian wrote:
getting rid of the shopping bag tax, fighting against speeding cameras (which I have seen with my own eyes INCREASE accidents). In general, fighting against all the stupid politicians who work their hardest to nickel and dime every person living here. I don't care who he caucases with.

I don't care how other ppl. educate their kids. I wouldn't send to a school that didn't teach the 3 rs. From what I understand, the deal he reached with Cuomo said that private schools need to meet some basic standards.

Thank you for responding.

You mentioned two things. One is totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and on the other he is just plain wrong because the statistics say differently.

And regarding education, apparently you don’t care how badly other kids get screwed over because you’re taking care of your own. How selfish of you.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:08 pm
Sebastian wrote:

Simcha Felder is an absolute tzaddik, aside from all the good he’s done for our community in the senate. I know him personally and he is honest as they come, and fights tooth and nail for our needs...he fights for what’s right even when he must vote against the democrats, his own party, and that’s why dems are so anxious to oust him. Anyone who can say a bad word about him doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Simcha Felder is an absolute tzaddik, aside from all the good he’s done for our community in the senate. I know him personally and he is honest as they come, and fights tooth and nail for our needs...he fights for what’s right even when he must vote against the democrats, his own party, and that’s why dems are so anxious to oust him. Anyone who can say a bad word about him doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Why doesn’t he run on the Republican ticket if he’s “forced” to side and vote with them?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:12 pm
Maya wrote:
Thank you for responding.

You mentioned two things. One is totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and on the other he is just plain wrong because the statistics say differently.

And regarding education, apparently you don’t care how badly other kids get screwed over because you’re taking care of your own. How selfish of you.

That’s uncalled for, it’s aseret yemei Teshuva and I believe you owe that person an apology. There’s nothing selfish about looking out for the interest of our community, in fact it’s our obligation. Every rabbi in the community asked that we vote for Felder. That’s enough for most of us.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries