Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Candidate endorsements? (NY elections)
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:13 pm
Maya wrote:
Why doesn’t he run on the Republican ticket if he’s “forced” to side and vote with them?

Why don’t you suggest that to him? I’m sure Hess interested in what you have to say...

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:15 pm
b/c most of his district are registered democrats. He can run as whatever he wants.

I nearly got hit by a car while I was crossing with my kid since there is no camera on my corner but there are on the nearby blocks. So everyone takes it as permission to run the red. The cameras are another way to make money. Some camera companies have been caught messing with the traffic lights so people would be more likely to run a red light. I believe several judges have ruled against them. They are banned in quite a few places.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 5:15 pm
Cheiny wrote:
That’s uncalled for, it’s aseret yemei Teshuva and I believe you owe that person an apology. There’s nothing selfish about looking out for the interest of our community, in fact it’s our obligation. Every rabbi in the community asked that we vote for Felder. That’s enough for most of us.

I owe someone an apology for disagreeing with them politically?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:19 pm
Maya wrote:
I owe someone an apology for disagreeing with them politically?

No. You owe her an apology for saying this: [quote=Maya] you don’t care how badly other kids get screwed over because you’re taking care of your own. How selfish of you.]

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:35 pm
Cheiny wrote:
No. You owe her an apology for saying this: [quote=Maya] you don’t care how badly other kids get screwed over because you’re taking care of your own. How selfish of you.]

If she wants an apology, she can ask for one herself.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:52 pm
Sebastian wrote:
getting rid of the shopping bag tax, fighting against speeding cameras (which I have seen with my own eyes INCREASE accidents). In general, fighting against all the stupid politicians who work their hardest to nickel and dime every person living here. I don't care who he caucases with.

I don't care how other ppl. educate their kids. I wouldn't send to a school that didn't teach the 3 rs. From what I understand, the deal he reached with Cuomo said that private schools need to meet some basic standards.

See that's the problem with implementating a tax on plastic bags without providing an education. People just see it as a "bag tax" and not a way to improve the environment by reducing the amount of plastic that ends up in the ocean.

The place where I live is environmentally conscious and most stores charge for plastic bags to encourage buyers to bring canvas bags. DH and I keep them in the car all the time so we can bring them into stores when we go shopping. Whenever I bring in those bags, I think that I'm doing one thing not to destroy the environment as much as we already do. I don't see it as a burden but as a contribution to the world. I'm happy I live somewhere where politicians care.

I don't know much about Felder, but I would not view that as a plus. Nor would I view permitting parents to deprive their children of a secular education in a western country as a plus. I think it does them a disservice. But I'm not voting there, so carry on.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:57 pm
Studies have shown that right after the tax is implemented, bag use goes down. Shortly after, ppl. get used to the tax and just pay the upcharge. It's for the government to make money disguised as caring about the environment. Studies have actually shown that canvas bags use up more resources than disposable ones. If you reuse your disposable bags (and I do or I don't bring any home!) then the environmental impact is less or the same as canvas bags.
I don't need to be punished for using a shopping bag that I know I can reuse at home.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries