Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help! I can't do it anymore
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:35 pm
Maybe start with your pediatrician for ideas. Hatzlacha, hang in there - it will I"YH get better!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:36 pm
First of all, thank you all. Just being able to ask and hear things other than "Yeh it's hard but it'll pass" is so comforting.

I guess I'll call the doctor but I feel kind of ridiculous. I did this a few times when he was a newborn, didn't know why he was crying so much but every time I left feeling like an immature incompetent mother because he was just being a baby so I'm reluctant to call if I don't have what to say.

Solids will probably help too so I'll try that. And then if he needs to CIO to learn to sleep then I guess that's what we'll do

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:49 pm
Crying at night only is very possible an ear infection!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 2:50 pm
octopus wrote:
Crying at night only is very possible an ear infection!

It's night and nap time

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 4:15 pm
These are the times I have brought my babies to my bed and co-slept. With some precautions, it can be safely managed. I know not everyone agrees, but it's what worked for me. My babies always sleep better close to me and when I've needed the rest, it's been the best option.

proudmom8

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 4:36 pm
amother wrote:
It's night and nap time

Please get his ears and possible reflux checked. It happens only when he’s lying down which is an indicator of either of these things. Both can be managed to make him more comfortable.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 4:50 pm
proudmom8 wrote:
Please get his ears and possible reflux checked. It happens only when he’s lying down which is an indicator of either of these things. Both can be managed to make him more comfortable.

Even though he's happy when he lays down the play?

proudmom8

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
Even though he's happy when he lays down the play?

Can be...because when he’s lying down to play is a much shorter length of time than for a sleep so it might not be painful for a little bit of time. Worth checking

browser

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:33 pm
Make sure u r giving him vitamin d
That can help with sleep

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:31 am
Those days are really tough. I remember feeling I wouldn't get through it, and I had some kids who were horrible sleepers from the time they were born until they were toddlers.

I do not recommend allowing him to cry in the crib. He is just a baby and he can't talk to tell you what is bothering him. Crying is his only form of communication at this point. He's not crying just to drive you crazy. He's crying because he's in distress.

Maybe it's an ear infection, teething or reflux. (Even if teething did look different last time. There are different stages with it.) Maybe he is hungry. And maybe he just needs to be held. That is a valid need. Would you be willing to co-sleep? It has saved my sanity many times.

Also, you can try giving Tylenol one time and seeing if he sleeps better after taking it. If so, that would be a sign that he is in pain.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 7:45 am
the world's best mom wrote:

I do not recommend allowing him to cry in the crib. He is just a baby and he can't talk to tell you what is bothering him. Crying is his only form of communication at this point. He's not crying just to drive you crazy. He's crying because he's in distress.

Because I wrote back on p1 for op to walk out and leave him crying, I just wanted to stress that the only reason said that was because it sounded op like you were so exhausted you were scared they you night hurt the baby. First rule of everything - " first so no harm".

Also wanted to say the idea of giving Tylenol as a one off also seems good to me.

And finally TWBM it feels like I haven't read anything from you for a while. Have you been away? If so welcome back.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:22 am
Thank you. You are right, I do not come on here often.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 9:11 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm back to say thank you! After determining that my baby doesn't have an ear infection, I put him down and went into the room every 5 mins or so to comfort him. That first night was crazy and afterwards he's been sleeping like himself again! Looks like he just had a regression and needed to be set back on track.

I really appreciate all your help trying to keep me sane

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 9:44 pm
Yay BH
Was hoping things are.getting better

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm back to say thank you! After determining that my baby doesn't have an ear infection, I put him down and went into the room every 5 mins or so to comfort him. That first night was crazy and afterwards he's been sleeping like himself again! Looks like he just had a regression and needed to be set back on track.

I really appreciate all your help trying to keep me sane

So happy for you. How did you comfort him? Pick him up or just pat him in the crib?

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 10:47 pm
Just Pat and pacifier in his crib.

He's not totally back to normal yet but oh so much better than last week
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics