Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Chemical sensitive

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 7:12 pm
Hi ladies
I am desperate beyond words. Since I got injured by a drug, I suffer from MCS( Multiple Chemical Sensitivity). I have no chemicals in my home anymore because of it. I react to every smell from fragrances to detergents to air purifiers. I need a neutral smelling home to survive. I just moved but the apt smells very toxic to me and I’m reacting. Like a potpourri smell the previous tenant must have used. I cleaned the house throughly before I moved in but the chemical smell is stubborn and not leaving. We bought an expensive air purifier and it’s not working either. I am at the end of my rope. Please help me! Thanks so much

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 7:52 pm
Two comments:

1. I was also injured by a category of drugs (topical and systemic steroids) and had the same issue. I would even feel my throat start to close if there was a Mr. Clean smell... I understand your pain and I hope that it will resolve soon, b'ezras Hashem. Now that I am going through steroid withdrawal, my allergic response is dropping drastically. It even dropped so much that I had an anaphylactic reaction twice in two months (scary! and unusual!) and though that food almost killed me in the past, I was able to survive with only Benadryl these two times, BH.

2. Try to contact The Wellspring magazine. They have info about a guy with a heavy duty machine that off-gasses the chemicals in a house.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 8:24 pm
Oy, I feel your suffering :-(
Would it work for you to keep the windows open?
Can you wear a mask? I wear this one:
It's completely sealed around the nose and mouth:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
Oy, I feel your suffering :-(
Would it work for you to keep the windows open?
Can you wear a mask? I wear this one:
It's completely sealed around the nose and mouth:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

Thanks for your support! Ventilation helps on cool days but hot days the smell is still there. So frustrating. I have a VOG mask and use it often but I hate living in a mask

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Two comments:

1. I was also injured by a category of drugs (topical and systemic steroids) and had the same issue. I would even feel my throat start to close if there was a Mr. Clean smell... I understand your pain and I hope that it will resolve soon, b'ezras Hashem. Now that I am going through steroid withdrawal, my allergic response is dropping drastically. It even dropped so much that I had an anaphylactic reaction twice in two months (scary! and unusual!) and though that food almost killed me in the past, I was able to survive with only Benadryl these two times, BH.

2. Try to contact The Wellspring magazine. They have info about a guy with a heavy duty machine that off-gasses the chemicals in a house.

So sorry you’re going through it too and happy it’s improved. I will contact them ASAP thanks so much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics