Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Reb Kanievsky Water Challah Recipe BY Cookbook

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 8:18 pm
Does anyone have the recipe?

bobeli

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:30 pm
I don't have it off hand but if you google it you will find it, there is even a video from ner echad

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 12:07 am
bobeli wrote:
I don't have it off hand but if you google it you will find it, there is even a video from ner echad

Thank you! I'll copy it here for those looking

Water Challah
Rebbetzin Kanievsky

5 cups warm water
4 tablespoons dry yeast
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups oil
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
5 pounds all-purpose flour
1 egg, lightly beaten (for glaze only)

To Make the Dough: Place warm water, yeast and sugar in a bowl of electric mixer. Let it sit for about 7 minutes until it becomes bubbly. Place the mixer on low and add oil and salt. Slowly add the flour, one cup at a time. Continue mixing on low, while adding flour, for about 10 minutes.

Remove dough from mixing bowl and place in large bowl. Cover bowl with a towel and let rise in warm place for about an hour.

Grease 5 or 6 loaf pans, depending on what size challah you prefer. At this point take the challah with a Brocha.

Braid the dough and place in greased loaf pans. Let rise for another hour. Preheat oven 350. Brush with egg and bake for 45 minutes.

Yield: Makes 5-6 challahs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen