Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
How to do teshuva

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 7:20 am
This past shabbos we didn't have lechem mishne. I knew I had two challot in the freezer and knew that was enough. We don't normally have a sit down ss. I obviously wasn't thinking and forgot about shabbos lunch lechem mishne. I realized what I did Friday night, after shabbos already started. There was nothing I could do or ask. After shabbos was over, I checked what I should have done, but it was too late. How do I make amends for it?

Seas

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 8:52 am
For all aveiros the route of teshuva is the same:
charata, viduy, kaballah.

1. Regret not planning ahead properly and fell bad for neglecting the Shabbos.
2. Say, "Hashem, I have sinned against you by not preparing properly for the Shabbos, thus demonstrating that it's not important enough for me."
3. Accept upon yourself in the future to always make a point of checking well ahead of time whether you have all the Shabbos food.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 8:59 am
Prevent such snafus in future by keeping an emergency box of matzah on hand year-round. This will save you not only if you should forget about a Shabbos meal, but also should you have a guest who shows up after you’ve made Motzi or who turns out to be vegan or allergic to eggs and can’t eat your challah.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:08 am
Last I checked, lechem mishna is a minhag. You did not al pi halacha commit an aveira. You need not make tshuva!

Seas

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:10 am
The Kitzzur Shulchan Aruch (halacha 17) writes it's a chiyuv.

http://www.toratemetfreeware.c.....76_L2

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:14 am
Seas wrote:
The Kitzzur Shulchan Aruch (halacha 17) writes it's a chiyuv.

http://www.toratemetfreeware.c.....76_L2

Are you sure it's a chiyuv for women? My feeling is not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions