Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Why is this a thing???
Previous  1  2  3  4

moonstone

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 5:25 am
heidi wrote:
But it may not be worth asking favors of people.
I love a certain moisturizer from America. My parents and my husband are happy to bring it for me. I would never ask a favor from anyone else. There's plenty of moisturizer here.

Ha, I also like a certain moisturizer from the US and I bring a few back whenever I travel.

In general, I might ask my parents or siblings to bring a few things when they visit, but I think it's a real chutzpah to ask other people and put them on the spot. I never do that. Besides, I've lived here a long time and I just don't feel the need to "import" many things anymore. I'm fine with local brands now and I really don't need people to bring me lots of stuff like I used to my first few years here. Even that moisturizer-- last week I ran out of what I brought so I went to superpharm and bought something that was on sale for 40 shek, and it works great!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 7:00 am
It has come to the point that when I do travel to Israel I don't tell most people I keep it quiet so the parents of the seminary girls and yeshiva boys don't come running with their packages of stuff that their kid must have. Israel is not in the wild desert, you can buy most things there. One woman wanted me to bring dried fruit and nuts for her seminary daughter and I said no. There are plenty of dried fruit and nut stands in Israel.
To the OP....they can ask but you can say no. That's all!

moonstone

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 8:11 am
amother wrote:
It has come to the point that when I do travel to Israel I don't tell most people I keep it quiet so the parents of the seminary girls and yeshiva boys don't come running with their packages of stuff that their kid must have. Israel is not in the wild desert, you can buy most things there. One woman wanted me to bring dried fruit and nuts for her seminary daughter and I said no. There are plenty of dried fruit and nut stands in Israel.
To the OP....they can ask but you can say no. That's all!

Dried fruit and nuts??? Talk about bringing coals to Newcastle!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette