Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Are you receiving SPAM calls? Its getting crazy
1  2  Next

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:22 am
Are you also receiving phone call with advertisements at all times of the day? Its getting out of control. I dont know who does it and how they got a hold of my home and cell number.

I just figured this out that if you dial 9 they will automatically add your phone number to their do not call list.

Anyone reading this that is part of an organization that makes such calls should know that behaving in such a manner will not get any help from me. I will hang up the phone.

Mommy1:)

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:36 am
It's getting beyond crazy. I stopped answering the phone unless I know the caller. Spam doesn't leave a voicemail, real people do.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:38 am
I’m totally agree.
Countless times a day I stop what I’m doing or up from my previous few sitting moments to check who’s calling.
Insanity.

I always wonder if people actually give something to them.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:42 am
Yes all kinds of scans the past two days. IRS and insurance scams, I’m going nuts!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:43 am
Almost not. And most of those are Jewish orgs or charities...

studying_torah

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:50 am
Yes on my home and cel number. Non stop.

happyone

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:52 am
Ive stopped donating to various organizations due to the harassment.
I'm sure I'm not the only one!

pause

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:52 am
I am on a do not call list but the Jewish advertisers somehow haven't obtained that list. In the last few months it's gotten so out of hand that my caller ID's history is 90% telemarketers!!! It drives me bananas to run get the phone only to see Brewster NY or Lakewood or Unavailable listed on the ID. And then when I don't run to check the phone, I miss an important or semi-important call. It really feels invasive already.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 12:46 pm
nonstop over here! Exploding anger

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 1:46 pm
All the time. Now also on my cell and even at the office, and also in Chinese!

And just as bad are the robo-calls from tzedakas reminding me at ninety five decibels that I have just x hours left! to enter the Ahavas Glida veUgah! mega raffle! or help Yeshivas Zichron Choses Passées! reach its goal! of ONE MILLION DOLLARS! or attend the gala! exciting! luncheon to benefit! the Organization! for the Rehabilitation! of Prisoners! of Bais Yaakov! with WORLD FAMOUS! speaker and motivator! Rebbetzin EMILY LITELLA!!!!

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 1:49 pm
BTW not for profits are exempt from the “do not call” restrictions that apply to businesses.

keym

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 1:53 pm
zaq wrote:
BTW not for profits are exempt from the “do not call” restrictions that apply to businesses.

And that's the real problem. I get a few IRS or CreditCard offers or stuff. But I get dozens of Kollel This, or Zichron That. Raffles, Auctions, who knows. I've never given so I'm not encouraging it but there's no way to stop it.

And they call after 11 at night, really annoying me and making me nervous.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 2:05 pm
zaq wrote:
All the time. Now also on my cell and even at the office, and also in Chinese!

I know! I run to the phone and it's in chinese.

Boca00

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 2:06 pm
For smartphones, you can download an app like RoboKiller. They screen the calls and have a huge database of spam numbers. When someone calls it blocks the call on your end, and if it's a person on the other end, they will talk to them and waste their time (so they have less time to scam the next person)!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 4:21 pm
I get at least ten a day! On the caller id it shows up at “spam/and the city it calls from. Lately I get calls in chinese as well. Thankfully only the telemarketer that tells me I won a free cruise( every few weeks) calls my cell. Hope no one else gets that number!

pause

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 1:10 am
Yesterday I got a call from Chicago IL, 2 google voice phone numbers, and an Unknown Caller. Today I got a call from - get this! - Illegal Scam. Those are the actual words that came up on the ID!!!

penguin

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 6:43 am
It seems that a new business has opened in my area and their prices sound very good. But I am so annoyed by their robocalls that I probably will not patronize them.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:29 am
https://www.qvc.com/qvc.produc.....pping

I ordered this on qvc and am very pleased with the number of robocalls eliminated. Whenever a call calls in from a number I have no interest in, I simply press BLOCK NOW and never hear from them again.

Of course some businesses constantly change their numbers so I just have to keep on blocking numbers. So far I'm very happy with this. BTW at the time I ordered it the price on amazon was $99 (now $88.99) but I was so desperate that I was about to order it. qvc came up in a google search and is much less expensive.

Anonymous since I've discussed this IRL.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 8:33 pm
on your cell you can block the caller -- look on recent calls and then select block this caller

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:30 pm
I also keep on getting a call from "Ann, my personal something" I think for health insurance? and for car insurance. they call from a million different numbers. I keep on blocking. I get soooo annoyed because I often await calls from doctors & I cant miss these calls...

what did I do last two times I got a call about car insurance? I pressed to talk to a representative. they asked me year and model for my car ( neither me nor husband drives or owes a car btw) so first time I said "its a 200 BC", second time I was asked how much mileage & make of car- I said its a little tikes cozy coup.
What did I accomplish? nothing, just ANNOYED the telemarketer for a change Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics