Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
A song to share

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 2:46 pm
I posted about this a while back, but I have an update to share. I had a wonderful but also very challenging year. After a complicated and dangerous pregnancy, I had twins who were sick for a while (BH they fully recovered), and I struggled with severe postpartum mental health problems. I wrote a song expressing the ideas that got me through these (and other) struggles. I recently remade the song and it’s been posted to refuathanefesh.org (there is no monetary gain in this for me and this is not a profession. Basically, this isn’t an advertisement, I’m genuinely just sharing).

I hope that the heartfelt words and melody of my song can share with others the comfort and strength that helped me.

Link:

https://www.refuathanefesh.org.....-you/

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 3:16 pm
Wow! How can I get a download of this song! Love it! Especially the last paragraph!

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 3:24 pm
Aww wow thank you! Smile
Are you able to download it from the website? Not sure how these things work...

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 3:27 pm
Its just been replayed 3 times in a row;)

Can't find a way to download it on the website .. I guess I'll just have to bookmark that tab!

ahuva06

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 3:35 pm
Wow!! What a beautiful, beautiful piece of work!!
This song is so truly inspiring! I love how such a soft melody can drive how such a strong point! Everything about the song offers comfort and inspiration! כל הכבוד!
Wishing you and all of the rest of us a wonderful year of emotional (and of course physical) health and menuchas hanefesh. May you always be able to continue inspiring.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 3:41 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
Wow!! What a beautiful, beautiful piece of work!!
This song is so truly inspiring! I love how such a soft melody can drive how such a strong point! Everything about the song offers comfort and inspiration! כל הכבוד!
Wishing you and all of the rest of us a wonderful year of emotional (and of course physical) health and menuchas hanefesh. May you always be able to continue inspiring.

Amen! Thank you so much! Smile

Metukah

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 7:46 pm
So unbelievably moving and beautiful.

May Hashem continue to give you strength.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 8:49 pm
woooooowwww amazing!!!!

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 8:55 pm
Wow - unreal! What amazing talent!! Keep on going!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 8:55 pm
Beautiful.
amazing song.
Thank you so much for sharing.
this should be pinned so everyone can see it.
G'mar chasima tova
may this year bring you menuchas hanefesh & health for you and entire family.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:30 pm
Thanks for sharing! It's a beautiful song and just what I needed

shshsh

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 11:02 pm
Wow. What a beautiful, powerful, hopeful and musically gorgeous song!!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 11:37 pm
Was just crying my eyes out in terror cuz it’s Erev Yom Kippur and im really, really not proud of my behavior this year.

This song refocused me. The things I’ve done wrong were rooted in unstoppable emotional agony, and Hashem knows that better than me- as you say in your song- He put the darkness inside of me! (Love that line!!!!)

I love it that your lyrics aren’t preachy or “tomorrow will be a better day”. The song is something to listen to when you’re in pain and just need to feel it to get through it.

Thank you so much, kiwi!!! I just bookmarked the webpage with your song so that I’ll remember its message every day. I’d love to download it permanently- only if you feel comfortable doing so, I’d love it if you could email the song to strugglingneshama@gmail.com.

kneidel

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 11:45 am
Love your courage, confidence and humility all in one. I've long thought you are one of the most noble and wise people I know (or don't know Wink ), and your exquisite song totally reflects that. You are a true inspiration. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur