Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Yom Kippur for those who need to eat/drink less than a shiur

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:18 pm
My sister suggested that I come up with an idea for my mother who needs to drink every ten minutes. I found a clock face (in clipart for Word) and printed it on card stock. I'm going to give her a paper clip that she can place each time she drinks. Then she can refer to it to know if it's time to drink again.

(I did something similar when my daughter was post-partum and needed to keep track of her Motrin, Tylenol, antibiotic etc. I printed hours on a sheet of paper and she just put the bottle at the time she took each medication.)

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:47 pm
amother wrote:
My sister suggested that I come up with an idea for my mother who needs to drink every ten minutes. I found a clock face (in clipart for Word) and printed it on card stock. I'm going to give her a paper clip that she can place each time she drinks. Then she can refer to it to know if it's time to drink again.

(I did something similar when my daughter was post-partum and needed to keep track of her Motrin, Tylenol, antibiotic etc. I printed hours on a sheet of paper and she just put the bottle at the time she took each medication.)

Love this idea!

A friend of mine highly recommends preparing shiurim portions (for solids) in advance. Takes the guesswork out of it during a stressful time!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 7:51 am
I need a certain amount of calories in order for my medications to work.

A raw foods energy bar is perfect to cut into portions. You'd be surprised how large a piece you can take, but ask your rabbi to make sure. Last year I cut my pieces way smaller than I had to.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 8:23 am
I use a ten minute sand timer.
It helps me keep track of things because as the day goes on I start to get weak because I dehydrate slightly (yes, even with shiurim, I have a condition that makes me need to drink more than other people)
I also spend the day in bed.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 2:41 pm
How do I measure 1 ounce of liquid?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:00 pm
According to google an oz of liquid is two tbsp. How do I know how much an oz of any food is? Does it depend on the weight?

penguin

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:01 pm
Quote:
How do I measure 1 ounce of liquid?
You start with a shot glass, e.g. the disposable ones that say 1 ounce.

However - they are often more than one ounce! So, you take a glass measuring cup and try pouring in 8 of the shot glass. If it's more than a cup, you have a problem.

If you have a glass measure with ounce markings, pour one ounce into the shot glass and draw a line where the water comes to. Mark a few like that.

If you don't have such a measuring cup, I'm not sure what else you can do other than estimate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur