Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Sem daughter, Walk from Mattisyahu Moshav to Chashmonai?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 4:45 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
the issue was not the length of the walk, but rather the safety of the walk once you leave ks and have to go over the highway in order to get to chashmonaim.

OP talked about Mattityahu to Chashmonaim. I don't know how KS got into this discussion.
As my kids say, זה לא קשור

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 4:47 pm
amother wrote:
You've got it backwards.
It's completely backwards to walk through KS to get to Chashmonaim from Mattityahu. They're right across the street from each other

Oops I wrote with, rather than without.

Yes - I agree.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
OP talked about Mattityahu to Chashmonaim. I don't know how KS got into this discussion.
As my kids say, זה לא קשור
sorry, I thought I remembered someone showing us once that you go all the way through KS to get to the moshav. My bad. I wonder what I am remembering.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 5:13 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
sorry, I thought I remembered someone showing us once that you go all the way through KS to get to the moshav. My bad. I wonder what I am remembering.

True for driving.
The opposite holds true for walking

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
True for driving.
The opposite holds true for walking

Is it done? I’ve only see it from the highway. The path that leads to what I think is a yeshiva? And there does seem to be a gate there.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:58 pm
Its a 15 -30 minute walk. I walked it because there was a whole terrorist situation but it is dangerous to walk at night and I would not let my child or husband even do it not even by day.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 11:08 pm
Thank you for all of the responses, it helped clarify things for me and when my dd called me this AM then I stayed firm in telling her that she cannot do it. I agree that it was a half baked idea, but my dd and her friends were baking it. The plan was for her to sleep by the friend with sleeping arrangements in one Moshav and walk to the friend with meals in the other Moshav. I was wondering what oversight is done by the Seminary and if they would/should have veto'd it, but I would think that my dd would have just written the sleeping place. Also, the Seminary does place the girls for sleeping/eating for every shabbo and YT" but my dd was telling me that she missed the deadline already to request placement. My dd just kept telling me that she knew someone that walked it last year, actually, I guess that means the Sem. did allow it. It did not help the situation that she didn't have other plans but BH she was able to make other arrangements today. Just want to thank all of the Israeli's that took the time to post on this thread!

dilego

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 6:20 pm
living in ks I wouldnt let hér do it as she has to cross the ezor taasia sorry dont know how u call it in english but there are no pple living there and it gets spooky in the dark
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions