Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Easiest way to wash floors
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 12:26 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. A bucket on wheels won't help because I need to get it down/up the stairs. I'll look into the swiffer and bona mops. They're not so readily available where I live but perhaps I'll find something similar if I look hard enough.

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 12:47 pm
similar idea, from BBB and probably available online: oxo microfiber mop. Super easy. It doesn't do a perfect job, but its enough for the regular cleanings.

trixx

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
I bought myself a brava mop from bed bath and beyond. Set it to go each night and washes my floors corner to corner.

For $250?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 4:13 pm
teachkids wrote:
similar idea, from BBB and probably available online: oxo microfiber mop. Super easy. It doesn't do a perfect job, but its enough for the regular cleanings.

Thanks, teachkids. How long have you had it? Is it good quality? What about size? I don't have much space so don't want something bulky if possible. =

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 5:33 pm
I have a ceramic floor. I spray Windex on the floor, a little extra on the sticky spots, and wipe up with towels. I sometimes bend down as I'm wiping up, and sometimes just move the towels around with my feet in croc-like shoes. Like a previous poster, I also don't like lugging pails of water around, and I don't like mops because they're gross and hard to clean. I can just put the towels in the wash with Clorox 2 and everything is clean. Much more sanitary in my opinion than any mop-based method.

(ETA: These are not my best towels; these are towels that have been demoted to cleaning floors.)

I tried Swiffers but they didn't seem to clean very well.

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 02 2018, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks, teachkids. How long have you had it? Is it good quality? What about size? I don't have much space so don't want something bulky if possible. =

I've had it for a few months now. The cloth gets gross, so buy a spare if you're like me and not on top of washing it. It's super small and compact, smaller than my broom (the head folds sidewaysish).

I will say that it doesn't always pick up all the dirt that it dislodges, so I sweep both before and after mopping.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:59 pm
OP here. Thanks everyone for your ideas.

I've been doing like JoyInTheMorning out of desperation (we also have floor towels) but we just bought a microfibre spray mop which works pretty much the same but doesn't require too much leg movement. The kids are so excited they're practically begging to wash the floor with this new toy, as they call it. One DS just washed the kitchen floor. I haven't seen it but pointed out that he hasn't used any soap. No problem, he said, I can do it again tomorrow Smile

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 4:34 am
Has anyone tried this floor cleaning device:

Karcher Floor Cleaning Device

A [very clean] friend recommended the Shark True Pet vacuum. I was hoping to buy one but then I saw this product in a hardware store and realized that I could have an easier way to clean the floor (we only have hard floors, no carpets). From the reviews I've read, it does NOT serve as a good vacuum, but most people say it does a great job CLEANING the floors. Amazon shows the price around $250. Same for the Shark.

Anyone have experience with it or know others with experience?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Floralwhite - really not liking the toilet idea shock

OMG 😲 shock
Ppl seriously have crazy ideas.
I hope you don’t have a crawling baby....
Pls everyone disregard that idea!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry