Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
BP apartments on 14/47, how much?
1  2  Next

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:39 pm
A grey colored house is in construction. How much are the apartments and how big are they? TIA

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
A grey colored house is in construction. How much are the apartments and how big are they? TIA

Not sure which house your talking about but usually the condos get sold before building.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:54 pm
Yes I know but I’m still curious. It’s right across the avenue from Munkatch.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 1:14 pm
amother wrote:
Not sure which house your talking about but usually the condos get sold before building.

That building is not being condos. I hear its being 2 bedroom rentals. I heard $2200 range. But cant confirm the rent amount is 100% accurate.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 1:18 pm
amother wrote:
That building is not being condos. I hear its being 2 bedroom rentals. I heard $2200 range. But cant confirm the rent amount is 100% accurate.
. $2200 for a new apartment in the heart of BP?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
. $2200 for a new apartment in the heart of BP?

Seems pretty on target to me. I know other paying in the 2100 range for newish apartments .

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:23 pm
That’s interesting. I heard rents on 8th avenue and 9th avenue are $2500

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 4:15 pm

Last edited by amother on Wed, Feb 28 2018, 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 5:01 pm
Why would the investor have built tiny 2 bedroom apartments, when if he had made 3 bedroom apartments, theyd be going for much much more each?

Whats the advantage of having tenants coming and going, revolving door, much sooner, when they need bigger apartments, with every tenant killing the apartment each time?

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
Why would the investor have built tiny 2 bedroom apartments, when if he had made 3 bedroom apartments, theyd be going for much much more each?

Whats the advantage of having tenants coming and going, revolving door, much sooner, when they need bigger apartments, with every tenant killing the apartment each time?

Because most couple getting married are looking for two bedroom apartments and they stay a while until they’re either ready to buy or move onto a four bedroom. It’s the families that need the three bedroom apartments (with a bunch of kids)that are killing them.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 8:17 pm
cnc wrote:
Because most couple getting married are looking for two bedroom apartments and they stay a while until they’re either ready to buy or move onto a four bedroom. It’s the families that need the three bedroom apartments (with a bunch of kids)that are killing them.

Lav Davka. I know a lot of couples with 6+ kids in 2 bedroom apartments, and they can barely afford that, and cant buy a house. Theres bunk beds all over.

And then there are newlyweds who rent 3 bedrooms, and move when they have 2 kids. Yesh v Yesh. Depends what you can afford.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:39 pm
amother wrote:
Lav Davka. I know a lot of couples with 6+ kids in 2 bedroom apartments, and they can barely afford that, and cant buy a house. Theres bunk beds all over.

And then there are newlyweds who rent 3 bedrooms, and move when they have 2 kids. Yesh v Yesh. Depends what you can afford.

The families with the 6+ kids in the 3 bedroom apartments are the hardest for the landlords. Noise, wear and tear, things like that.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
The families with the 6+ kids in the 3 bedroom apartments are the hardest for the landlords. Noise, wear and tear, things like that.

Why more than the families with the 6+ kids in 2 bedrooms?

You think the owner of the building will be able to kick out the tenants once they have a bunch of kids and are still living in his brand new 2 bedroom apartments?

Owners of buildings with more than 4 tenants, like the brand new one on 14/47, cant raise whatever they want to, (unless the investor will lobby to get the law changed, or do some legal maneuvering) so Im surprised the investor built it for rental. There are legal limits. Otoh, the law right now is that if theres less than 4 tenants in a house landlords can raise without legal guidelines.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:31 pm
Is the $2200 rent for brand new apartments, mentioned above, accurate?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 06 2018, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:

I heard the apartments being built where the bowling alley used to be, are not sold yet. Anybody, hear anything about those apartments?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
Is the $2200 rent for brand new apartments, mentioned above, accurate?

BUMP

It doesnt make sense that the rent is $2200, imho low for brand new 2 bedroom apartments, in the heart of BP. Theyd be grabbed up.Theyre still advertising that they have vacancies.

dankbar

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:51 am
ye they keep doing that in willi too. keep making huge bldgs with chosson kallah rentals rather than selling condos for larger fam. the reason is bc selling like for $600 a sq ft condos r going more than $1m & pp cant afford & move out of the city for cheaper & larger properties. the only fools still wanna live in these crowded heimishe cities with tiny apt & hi rents are the kids getting married that dont want to cut the strings off moms apron. every yr a bunch of new pple get married & had no where to go till now & ended up in some other mouse hole. its a good thing theyre providing those at least, bc for the greedy is much more worth to make a bunch of studio rooms for hipsters & make much more money....which I happening in willi just as well.

dankbar

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:53 am
for investors worth to make smaller apts & make rent from more people bc with using double the space to create larger apts they cant charge double the rent, but being that rent is running so hi for small apts the more they make the more tenants they can rip off.

dankbar

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:54 am
for investors worth to make smaller apts & make rent from more people bc with using double the space to create larger apts they cant charge double the rent, but being that rent is running so hi for small apts the more they make the more tenants they can rip off.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:56 am
dankbar wrote:
ye they keep doing that in willi too. keep making huge bldgs with chosson kallah rentals rather than selling condos for larger fam. the reason is bc selling like for $600 a sq ft condos r going more than $1m & pp cant afford & move out of the city for cheaper & larger properties. the only fools still wanna live in these crowded heimishe cities with tiny apt & hi rents are the kids getting married that dont want to cut the strings off moms apron. every yr a bunch of new pple get married & had no where to go till now & ended up in some other mouse hole. its a good thing theyre providing those at least, bc for the greedy is much more worth to make a bunch of studio rooms for hipsters & make much more money....which I happening in willi just as well.

These properties arent cheap, and then theres construction. No businessman goes into anything if they cant make lotsa money. I guess theres enough newlyweds in BP who can pay $2200.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries