Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Roast disaster... Help!

DVOM

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:06 am
I will be hosting a crowd for the second days of succus and splurged on veal roast to serve for one of the lunch meals. I lovingly stuffed it with cauliflower, onion, mushroom, and celery and stuck it in the over.... and forgot about it.

The meat and veggies will, I hope, still be yummy. It's a very fatty cut of meat, and when I peeled back the crust that has formed on the top of the roast, the meat underneath looks juicy. The problem is, the gravy is gone.

What to do? When I reheat it on yom tov, it needs the gravy not to dry out. It's in danger of being very dry as it is. Do I add water to the pan? Is it possible to make gravy? Out of what? veal bones and water?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

jflower

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 7:48 am
You can try pouring wine over the roast. I use wine when I make my veal roast and it comes out delicious. If you have any drippings from baked chicken or any other meat you can add that as well.

Good luck.

anon for this

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 7:56 am
You can make gravy out of chicken or beef stock, some wine, and corn starch or flour to thicken, plus pan drippings like jflower wrote. I don't think I've ever prepared veal roast but this gravy makes turkey taste good so it should be great on your roast.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 8:17 am
anon for this wrote:
You can make gravy out of chicken or beef stock, some wine, and corn starch or flour to thicken, plus pan drippings like jflower wrote. I don't think I've ever prepared veal roast but this gravy makes turkey taste good so it should be great on your roast.
you can sautee some onions and grlic first and add the above to the sautéed onions and garlic.

quinny

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:02 pm
Rewarmit with some chicken stock(chicken soup)

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:09 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
you can sautee some onions and grlic first and add the above to the sautéed onions and garlic.

And mushrooms, since they're already in the roast, and they release a lot of liquid.

Enjoy.

DVOM

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:13 pm
guys, this was so helpful, ty!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus