Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Newborn clothes Italy or brand name or used stores for these
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
But Williamsburg's peer pressure is HUGE.

Deleted

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds like Chassidim are unified in at least one thing- the need for outrageously expensive clothes that would satisfy the Queen of England.

1- Are they any very wealthy Williamsburgers who b'Shita are against buying outrageously expensive imported newborn clothing, or they dont exist? Is it all monkey-see monkey-do?

2- Arent the Rebbes unable to turn it down a little and lessen the pressure?

Oh come on, leave the "group" alone. On an individual level, if someone asks for help like here, offer advice. But no need to make sweeping judgemental statements like unified only in one thing, queen of England, monkey see monkey do...

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Oh come on, leave the "group" alone. On an individual level, if someone asks for help like here, offer advice. But no need to make sweeping judgemental statements like unified only in one thing, queen of England, monkey see monkey do...

Youre right. I didnt realize how negative my post sounded. Please delete.

Although one would think that Shalom Bayis is affected if theres such tough materialistic pressure, so something should probably be done. Unless everyone is resigned to it because its gone on for so long, and theres nothing anyone can do, or maybe it doesnt cause Shalom Bayis issues.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 10:02 pm
tottini is at 1309 49
Right near Santander bank

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 10:51 pm
cnc wrote:
tottini is at 1309 49
Right near Santander bank

Thats considered European fancy?

I was in there. They only sell pjs and t shirt outfits.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 11:17 pm
Zara has very nice europian style knits. H and m and nextdirect might also have. You could also find brand name outfits at century. And gilt.com has discounted designer clothing. Tottini is not Williamsburg style at all.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:15 am
Tottini is on 49th street off 13 Avenue (towards 14)

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:20 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Zara has very nice europian style knits. H and m and nextdirect might also have. You could also find brand name outfits at century. And gilt.com has discounted designer clothing. Tottini is not Williamsburg style at all.

Please post a picture of nice European style knit baby outfits.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:31 am
Bon knit is a more affordable line but not as cheap as Nordstrom rack, zulily etc. And stay tuned for sales everywhere

Oh boy was I into this with my first baby (year and a half ago). Not chassidish but this is frum NY style. I obsessed over the knits, scoured the internet, got beautiful brands (jacadi, Dylan and Abby, lots of British labels, Ralph Lauren velour, coccoli, weekday things from gap) for cheap from places like eBay and other online sites. I'm a maven on which label is "nice enough" and I proudly started dressing my newborn in it.

Then a funny thing happened, his skinny little body didn't look good in the knits! I had a $500 set (got for much cheaper of course) I saved up for a yom Tov and when I put it on, it just wasn't as cute as the more fitted clothes he had. So I stopped with the knits and started with cute boy themed clothing that actually fit.

And now I'm actually trying to get rid of most of the stuff lol. Or know at least to pair the tops with more fitted bottoms. Not everyone looks good in chunky knit styles! Not every baby has fat thighs!! He looked cutest in tight little outfits where he wasn't drowning!

EishesYo

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 3:19 am
Century on 86st also had some gorgeous velours you can check century online , like a pp mentioned sogn up for zulily they have some major companies on sale. Zara mini has beautiful stuff sometimes you can get lucky in h and m. There is babydreams I thinj its called in monsey they have the seasons stuff but not at bizarre prices!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 4:10 am
amother wrote:
Thats considered European fancy?

I was in there. They only sell pjs and t shirt outfits.

No its not fancy, I was trying to say babys look perfectly fine in simple strechies like the ribbed one from tottini.
Was just trying to giving examples.

EishesYo

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 4:44 am
amother wrote:
No its not fancy, I was trying to say babys look perfectly fine in simple strechies like the ribbed one from tottini.
Was just trying to giving examples.

Considering tottinis products are mostly from aliexpress I dont think its the best thing to give as a baby gift to a daughter in law Wink

zohar

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 7:36 am
EishesYo wrote:
Considering tottinis products are mostly from aliexpress I dont think its the best thing to give as a baby gift to a daughter in law Wink

While most of their stuff is from Ali, they design their some things and have them manufactured. Ribbed stretchiest, onesies with matching bonnets. I saw velour stretchies with bonnets this season too. Ribbed legging and tee sets. Skirts. Some dresses. They are adorable, ok quality, and "Williamsburg worthy".

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 9:13 am
Why do babies have to be so fancy in Williamsburg?

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 9:35 am
amother wrote:
Please post a picture of nice European style knit baby outfits.

Some examples:

http://m2.hm.com/m/en_us/produ......html

With this pants

https://m.zara.com/us/en/two-p.....77428

https://m.zara.com/us/en/ruffl.....77428

https://m.zara.com/us/en/knit-.....77428
They have these in different colors and matching pants.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 10:17 am
EishesYo wrote:

Didnt realize she was buy one strechie as a gift to DIL. If shes just buying one then obviously not a tottini strechie. But they are pretty decent! I buy brand names (not proud of it, but I like nice clothes and can afford) and I happen to like on babies a neat simple look.

Gittu

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 2:08 pm
Removed

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Newborn clothes Italian looking or brand names, at much cheaper than usual? Or good used stores for "Williamsburg " kind of taste. Rolling Eyes
Where so I buy? TIA

Uch
That people think it’s normal forget about necessary for a newborn to be in designer clothes, to spit on, is insane
This sickness only continues because people buy into it and want to compete
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics