Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Upset - bought Beef brisket Pickled was not pickled wwyd?
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:03 pm
they know us & it was pickled so that stays fresh in a fridge for a long time. so I dont think its a prob if it gets resold. pickled meats stay on store ref shelves for couple of weeks at a time no?

healthymom1

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:09 pm
This isn't such a big deal. Either pickle it yourself or make a delicious regular brisket!

It's a piece of meat. It's not the end of the world. Work it out and be happy.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:28 pm
dankbar wrote:
they know us & it was pickled so that stays fresh in a fridge for a long time. so I dont think its a prob if it gets resold. pickled meats stay on store ref shelves for couple of weeks at a time no?

Wrong. It should not be resold after having been in your refrigerator. For kashrut reasons. For health reasons. And if it is, it is a store that should not be frequented.

If you're a good customer, they did a nice thing taking it back. But that's doesn't make it salable.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:35 pm
healthymom1 wrote:
This isn't such a big deal. Either pickle it yourself or make a delicious regular brisket!

The problem is when you boil a brisket unknowingly, the way you would a corned beef. And then it doesn't taste quite right no matter what you do with it afterwards. If you know ahead of time that it's a simple brisket, you cook it differently.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:41 pm
I once sent my husband to buy 6 packages of chicken bottoms but he bought 6 packages of tops! The crowd I was having would not eat tops. The store would not take back. They said they couldn’t because of Kashrus reasons. I was really angry at them but it does make sense.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:52 pm
I had the opposite happen to me. I arranged a big dinner and hired a chef. He asked for brisket. Ordered brisket. brisket was labelled brisket, not pickled brisket. He cooked it. But it was pickled and he cooked it as if it wasn't so while it wasn't totally inedible, it wasn't great.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 8:20 pm
healthymom1 wrote:

I only realized after I cooked it that it has no pickling spice.

What can I do about it now???

Yes, I am trying to work it out. I never said I wasn’t happy. Im just disappointed that I spent a lot of money that I don’t really have to make my yomtov meal extra nice. I’m serving this to 13 people.
My other meals are chicken, schnitzel, meatballs.... this was gonna be the one special/fancy meal but it apparently wont be like that since the meat won’t taste so good.

healthymom1

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:
I only realized after I cooked it that it has no pickling spice.

What can I do about it now???

Yes, I am trying to work it out. I never said I wasn’t happy. Im just disappointed that I spent a lot of money that I don’t really have to make my yomtov meal extra nice. I’m serving this to 13 people.
My other meals are chicken, schnitzel, meatballs.... this was gonna be the one special/fancy meal but it apparently want be like that since the meat won’t taste so good.

Ohhhhh.... I should really work on my judging favorably. Confused I dont want to see Speechless

I'm sorry. that does really stink! Please forgive me

ra_mom

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 8:33 pm
Maybe pat it dry, make a spice rub to press into it, sear on both sides to seal it in, then slice. Saute onions and garlic and make a gravy to serve over the slices.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics