Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Bulmash vs Dr Roth vs Dr Aberback

brachal1

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 9:19 pm
Looking into pediatrician for a newborn and have these 3 names. How they compare? Which one takes Medicaid. Are they caring attentive how many other docs in practice any pa's? Want to hear from different experiences

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 17 2018, 11:59 pm
I used both Dr. Bulmash's office and Dr. Roth with my firstborn. (Switched from Bulmash to Roth.)

Both are good doctors. But, at this stage in life, I would recommend Bulmash's office, but specifically Dr. Feldman in the office.

Dr. Roth is very kind and caring, but set in her specific medical training, not really the type to think outside the box and listen to a parent's concerns that are not the typical. This is what I hear from others. I never had to ask atypical questions when I was there, as it was only a few short months.

Dr. Feldman, however, I have gotten to know as an amazing physician. He will really listen to your concerns, and sit down and pull up medical studies to learn more about things he has never heard of. In fact, after learning about the dangers of using steroids in a wrong way, he has completely changed his eczema protocol to ensure that patients do not develop steroid damage. He also has patients healing from steroid damage under his care.

He would be the one I would go with. Though do be aware that he is very informal and laid back, to the point that one my own relatives said he doesn't seem like a real doctor. Don't let that throw you off. He is personable, but brilliant, and humble. He will really LISTEN to you.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:59 am
I echo what the amother wrote above.
And add that Dr. Aberback hasn't accepted new patients in years.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 4:08 am
amother wrote:
I echo what the amother wrote above.
And add that Dr. Aberback hasn't accepted new patients in years.

that's not true. they have new drs in the group so the group does accept new patients and they tell you that you can't see dr abberbock, but after going a few times, when you are not a new patient anymore you can absolutely see dr abberbock!

hb2

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 5:02 am
I found a stellar, attentive and reputable doctor for my sons. Dr. Anna Yelloz.
It's Dr. Zagelbaums practice. She's the main doctor for this location. So good.
Not an alarmist, knowledgeable and confident and on the mark.
So happy.
Nice, intimate office with boutique feel. Not as busy and chaotic as other places. Night hours too

54th, between 14 and 15
+17184380666

brachal1

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 5:28 am
What are the pros and cons with dr aberback how many other drs are in that practice?
Also: has anyone used dr diamond ? I heard dr kirshenbaum at that practice is v good...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 2:08 pm
I use Dr. Diamonds office and I am very happy. Switched to them from another office I wasn’t thrilled with

brachal1

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 6:45 pm
Khaki: what about dr bulmash hiw was your experience with him?

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 7:07 pm
I use Dr. Roth and I would highly recommend her. She is so warm and caring. She always listens to my concerns and calms me down. She will call to check up on my child when he’s sick to hear how he’s doing. We had a medical emergency and I had to take my child into the emergency room. Dr. Roth called every day and spoke to the drs there. Her PA Chaya is also amazing.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 7:14 pm
brachal1 wrote:
Looking into pediatrician for a newborn and have these 3 names. How they compare? Which one takes Medicaid. Are they caring attentive how many other docs in practice any pa's? Want to hear from different experiences

I love Dr Abberbock! I’ve used him for over 10 years. He is a tzaddik, when he was away in Israel he called me to see how my child was doing. He is the most caring, thorough and kind person ever. There are 2 other dr’s in the practice and several PA’s. I really find them excellent.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 9:19 pm
Dr diamonds group is great. Dr kirshenbaum I absolutely love. Hes a great diagnostician, has all the time on the world for you, and is very into alternative medicine. I love the fact that he hates antibiotics and will only give it if really necessary. But the other Dr's are great as well. So are the pa's. He has a fantastic up to date group.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
Dr diamonds group is great. Dr kirshenbaum I absolutely love. Hes a great diagnostician, has all the time on the world for you, and is very into alternative medicine. I love the fact that he hates antibiotics and will only give it if really necessary. But the other Dr's are great as well. So are the pa's. He has a fantastic up to date group.
Into alternative medicine how?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 9:31 pm
Dr bulmash treated me and my sibling and now we all use him for our children. He has years of experience and is an excellent diagnostic for regular appointment though,us we dr Feldman. He has been bulmash partner for years and has leaned a lot from him. He great also,plus patient,and takes the time to talk and explain what needs explaining

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 10:28 pm
Love Dr Roth and her practice. Been with her for 13 years now. It used to be a zoo and these days BH with some excellent partners the wait is not too terrible.

She has been a super duper Shaliach for me in diagnosing my kids when it was really not too obvious. She gets to know the kids and said to me that there is no way the kid doesn’t have pneumonia...we went for a second x ray and bam it was there!

And yes she calls to check up.

These days for “regular “ stuff I don’t bother waiting for her. PA Chaya is super and “newer” trained so yep more open. Her son dr Daniel has been great and spot on for my son too.

Highly recommend

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 19 2018, 10:36 pm
ILOVELIFE wrote:
Love Dr Roth and her practice. Been with her for 13 years now. It used to be a zoo and these days BH with some excellent partners the wait is not too terrible.

She has been a super duper Shaliach for me in diagnosing my kids when it was really not too obvious. She gets to know the kids and said to me that there is no way the kid doesn’t have pneumonia...we went for a second x ray and bam it was there!

And yes she calls to check up.

These days for “regular “ stuff I don’t bother waiting for her. PA Chaya is super and “newer” trained so yep more open. Her son dr Daniel has been great and spot on for my son too.

Highly recommend

Dr Roth calls to check up on her patients and is super nice. But my sil almost left her a few times already cuz she failed to diagnose pneumonia on more than one occasion. It was only cuz my sil pressured her into a chest x ray that she got to the bottom of her kids endless high fever. She didn't leave her yet cuz Dr Roth is the family Dr there. Her mother and all siblings use her so she feels bad. But she says if not the personal attention she would've long been gone.

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:03 am
amother wrote:
Dr Roth calls to check up on her patients and is super nice. But my sil almost left her a few times already cuz she failed to diagnose pneumonia on more than one occasion. It was only cuz my sil pressured her into a chest x ray that she got to the bottom of her kids endless high fever. She didn't leave her yet cuz Dr Roth is the family Dr there. Her mother and all siblings use her so she feels bad. But she says if not the personal attention she would've long been gone.

So odd. I had just the opposite.
She sent me several times for X-rays when I doubted it was pneumonia and 99% of the time she was right!

I also had that she picked up on a vision issue on one of my very little ones.

Another kid I brought in as a toddler and she had strep. Dr Roth said she felt that wasn’t the only thing and said to me— my gut is that this kid is dehydrated. I called the sitter where she was before I had been called to pick her up and she said “no wet diapers— I forgot!”

We took her to the hospital for IV since she wasn’t drinking and the hospital said she was so severely dehydrated it was beyond...(she was my first and I was soooo clueless)

Diagnosing has always been what I use her for most and Chasdei Hashem she saved me so many times.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:47 am
Yes is agree. Dr. Roth is an amazing diagnoser. She picks up on things nobody would see.

dinatov

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:08 pm
She’s not only a great diagnostitian but she’s also doesn’t trust herself (in a good way) and double checks things like ear fluid, etc. on her machine.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:44 pm
brachal1 wrote:
Khaki: what about dr bulmash hiw was your experience with him?

Dr. Bulmash is a nice man, but I wouldn't choose the practice for him. He is nice, as in, we had a medical emergency with a broken bone before Shabbos, and he sent us for Xrays. Told us to bring it to his house. Really above and beyond.

But, I heard some medical info from him that sounded absurd to my ears. Dr. Feldman is his nephew, and I believe he has much better medical training.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 9:09 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I use Dr. Roth and I would highly recommend her. She is so warm and caring. She always listens to my concerns and calms me down. She will call to check up on my child when he’s sick to hear how he’s doing. We had a medical emergency and I had to take my child into the emergency room. Dr. Roth called every day and spoke to the drs there. Her PA Chaya is also amazing.

I love dr roth and I’ve gotten follow up calls when my child was sick too. I love chaya as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics