Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Average wedding cost in israel and hall sugesstions

bobeli

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 2:00 pm
winter wedding, DL, mix dancing, rabanut or mehadrin.
what is the average cost?, not too fancy not too simple.
is $70 us dollars per person normal?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 5:51 pm
Jlem no music but a lot cheaper
Theres kinar david bet shemesh I got married there and it was expensive.
Theres vorhand in bet shemesh_cheap and music allowed. Thing is its more of an a fancy American bar mitzvah type of hall its big but not huge. If you have a small family then vurhand could work for you.
Also props and flowers usually do not come with hall.
Bnei brak has a few takana halls.
Kiryat sefer also has a beautiful hall.
Photographers there's mendy shif רוני יהודית, יונתן הלפרין, moshe holtzman, tekno art.

heidi

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 2:36 pm
From what I've heard, the average places are about 150 shekel a head.
Chofetz Chaim, Neve Ilan, Sequoia in Maale Hachamisha, Limon in Kibbutz Einat. There are halls in Rechovot, Ness Tziona which are probably cheaper and decent

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 3:34 pm
heidi wrote:
From what I've heard, the average places are about 150 shekel a head.
Chofetz Chaim, Neve Ilan, Sequoia in Maale Hachamisha, Limon in Kibbutz Einat. There are halls in Rechovot, Ness Tziona which are probably cheaper and decent

Wow. That is cheap. I havent seen such prices even for a bar mitzvah in a hall, which is usually much cheaper.
Where I live, people do weddings for about 250-350 NIS for an average wedding. Of course there is cheaper and over the top more expensive. This is the price per plate, not including photography, DJ and so on.
I just remembered you wrote it's a winter wedding. Prices are probably about 50 NIS cheaper in the winter.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 4:09 pm
Mitzpe yericho is gorgeous and cheap. Breathtaking view for an outdoor chuppa.

Also Gavna in gush etzion.

Many halls in Jerusalem allow music.

Bayit vegan guest house is also cheap.

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 4:15 pm
It will be cheaper per head for a larger affair.

Having a winter event helps keep costs down, as winter is low season.

The prices many people here are quoting include items that the hall provides in their package (food, etc.), but does not include entertainment (a band or DJ, etc.), it may or may not include flowers/centerpieces (which don't have to be over-the-top), and other extras.

There is a range of prices. The best thing to do is to sit with a few places you like and get a ballpark idea of costs.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 4:20 pm
I just noticed that the op didn't give a location. Prices vary greatly depending on location. A wedding in Tel Aviv is a lot more expensive than a wedding in Afula.

Everything is online now, though you do need to know Hebrew. The only thing is that some halls don't like giving prices over the phone, they want to meet you in person. There is also room for negotiating (you want a cheaper children's menu for the under 12 crowd, etc).

bobeli

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:07 am
Thanks all for the info.
Location is outside yerushalaim but close, the quote I got was for 400 ppl. Including hall, kavalat panim, diner, basic drinks, sound sistem but no music and maybe centerpiece, rabanut hechsher.
I thought it was expensive for Israel but I don't know regular prices.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:10 am
Get a dozen quotes so you can compare.
Also I suspect some places might give higher quotes if you sound like a foreign resident.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:53 am
amother wrote:
Jlem no music but a lot cheaper
Theres kinar david bet shemesh I got married there and it was expensive.
Theres vorhand in bet shemesh_cheap and music allowed. Thing is its more of an a fancy American bar mitzvah type of hall its big but not huge. If you have a small family then vurhand could work for you.
Also props and flowers usually do not come with hall.
Bnei brak has a few takana halls.
Kiryat sefer also has a beautiful hall.
Photographers there's mendy shif רוני יהודית, יונתן הלפרין, moshe holtzman, tekno art.

What does it mean that music isn't allowed in Yerushalayim?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:54 am
amother wrote:
Wow. That is cheap. I havent seen such prices even for a bar mitzvah in a hall, which is usually much cheaper.
Where I live, people do weddings for about 250-350 NIS for an average wedding. Of course there is cheaper and over the top more expensive. This is the price per plate, not including photography, DJ and so on.
I just remembered you wrote it's a winter wedding. Prices are probably about 50 NIS cheaper in the winter.

Is it really 250-350 per person? That's more expensive than some in NY!

etky

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 2:16 am
bobeli wrote:
Thanks all for the info.
Location is outside yerushalaim but close, the quote I got was for 400 ppl. Including hall, kavalat panim, diner, basic drinks, sound sistem but no music and maybe centerpiece, rabanut hechsher.
I thought it was expensive for Israel but I don't know regular prices.

That sounds within the ballpark to me- perhaps a bit on the high end for winter. Of course there are fancier and less fancy places outside of Jerusalem too: for example, Kedma in Neve Ilan is more expensive that Leylot Kna'an in Tzora; Ein Hemed is more expensive than Mitzpe Yericho etc.

bobeli

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 9:50 pm
I'm not familiar at all with the places, I was just surprised at the cost because that is NY pricing for a better place, nit the most fancy but upper end.
I wanted to know what is average, as this is a DL wedding they wont do takknas wedding, but there is no need of extra fancy. especially when there are all the other expenses of travel, hotel shabes before and after, etc.
thanks all for the info

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 11:10 pm
My sister got married at Moshav Ora (right outside Yerushalayim) three years ago l. Don't remember exact price but 150 should be in the ball park though it may have been 130 or 180 also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions