Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Not looking forward to YT

Chaya123

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:50 pm
Every chol hamoed, I spend my entire YT being busy with work. It's time sensitive work that has to get done then and it's always all consuming and overboard and ruins my whole YT. I hate it! Sad Crying

pesek zman

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:53 pm
I work chol hamoed too. I thought everyone worked, unless they worked for heimish companies.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:56 pm
I also work chol hamoed. A lot of us do... thats how it goes. There are trade offs to any type of work environment.

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:00 pm
I work for a frum owned company but our customers are not so we are open and I am working. My kids hate it and its really hard.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:23 pm
I also work chol moed. Its hard. I love Tom tov break but the "chol hamoed" part is hard bec I work.

I used to work in a frum company and thought I would get off chol moed. Boy was I wrong, I had to take over for my supervisor who went to Israel for chol moed, so I still had to work on chol hamoed even though its a Jewish company.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:36 pm
When I was a newlywed and had to work all of Chol Hamoed (frum company) my Rav said I was not allowed to have hanaa from that money and had to give it away to tzedaka. That was even worse not being able to work for money.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:52 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
When I was a newlywed and had to work all of Chol Hamoed (frum company) my Rav said I was not allowed to have hanaa from that money and had to give it away to tzedaka. That was even worse not being able to work for money.

That's wierd. It only says that if one will work on Chol Hamoed they won't see a Siman Bracha in the money.

But it doesnt say they you can't have "hanaa"

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 4:28 pm
A year like this I think a lot of people share your feelings... B"H only some of my work has to be done on chol hamoed but it's still hard. Many people who otherwise could have taken a day or two off to spend with family have to take those days off for yom tov itself this year because it's been a string of weekdays. Very challenging.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 4:47 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

And let me guess ..

Te Rov chose the tzedoka

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:06 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
And let me guess ..

The Rov chose the tzedoka

Are you one of those self-hating Jews?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:11 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

And you seriously listened? Common sense people.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:13 pm
amother wrote:
Are you one of those self-hating Jews?

At some point when a rav tells you to do something so absurd it might be time to find a new rav.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:15 pm
amother wrote:
At some point when a rav tells you to do something so absurd it might be time to find a new rav.

I was responding to a specific unnecessary comment from naturalmom5.

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:16 pm
Anyone that runs their own business, works In a non Jewish environment, or works in healthcare or similar doesn't get 8 days off for vacation after taking off rosh hashana and yom kipper mid week. It's the time of year when we want to all be teachers with summer and Yomim tovim off and many times paid! Tis the life of the working gal.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:

We did. 😊

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
And you seriously listened? Common sense people.
The only reason why we asked to begin with was because DH insisted that I wasn't allowed to work on Chol Hamoed. He was a kollel yungerman and didn't know about "real" life yet. This was what the Rav told us. He said lechatchila I shouldn't work but if my boss doesn't allow me to take off I should not use the money I earn and to give it to tzedaka. And that's what I did.

Emotional

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:35 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
DH insisted that I wasn't allowed to work on Chol Hamoed. He was a kollel yungerman and didn't know about "real" life yet.

Dontcha just love it... when I was newly married my DH couldn't understand why I didn't drop everything at work to daven mincha. I worked at a counter in a store, and not all my coworkers were frum people, definitely not the women. His naïveté was cute actually, and pretty typical of sheltered yeshiva guys. He's been in the working world for a long time now. Different world.

Last edited by Emotional on Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 9:49 pm
I dont work on Chol Hamoed, but I dont get paid either. Not getting paid for 1.5 weeks is going to be very hard.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:58 am
I work until the last minutes erev yomtov and every day of chol hamoed. By this time of year I’m usually in minus vacation days so don’t even get paid for the days of yomtov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics