Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
He is on the money as usual

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 2:35 pm
http://haemtza.blogspot.com/20......html

flmommy

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 6:44 pm
Nicely written!

debsey

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 7:35 pm
He links to this NY Post article:
https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/.....wigs/

Here's the last few lines of that article:

But some young Orthodox women are increasingly more defiant of societal expectations — even though they don’t wish to disobey religious convention.

“I’m an Orthodox woman and I want to adhere to my traditions, but why do I have to look like I’m from ‘Fiddler on the Roof’?” asked Mindy Meyer, a 28-year-old lawyer from Flatbush.

“It’s hotter and sexier to have long hair,” she added. “I’m not trying to conform. I don’t care what people think about my long wigs because, as long as I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing, G-d is the ultimate judge.”

Her quote kind of refutes his whole point, doesn't it?

I'm not for bothering people about sheitel length - it doesn't really fire me up one way or another- but whatever happened to "Kadesh Atzmicha B'Mutar Lach?"

Esty4

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 7:41 pm
debsey wrote:
He links to this NY Post article:
https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/.....wigs/

Here's the last few lines of that article:

But some young Orthodox women are increasingly more defiant of societal expectations — even though they don’t wish to disobey religious convention.

“I’m an Orthodox woman and I want to adhere to my traditions, but why do I have to look like I’m from ‘Fiddler on the Roof’?” asked Mindy Meyer, a 28-year-old lawyer from Flatbush.

“It’s hotter and sexier to have long hair,” she added. “I’m not trying to conform. I don’t care what people think about my long wigs because, as long as I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing, G-d is the ultimate judge.”

Her quote kind of refutes his whole point, doesn't it?

I'm not for bothering people about sheitel length - it doesn't really fire me up one way or another- but whatever happened to "Kadesh Atzmicha B'Mutar Lach?"

It sounds to me like a married religious woman who’s concerned with being “hot and s-xy” (and she clearly doesn’t mean in the bedroom only), there’s a good chance she’s not “doing what she’s supposed to be doing.” Duh.

shoshanim999

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 7:48 pm
In fairness though we cover our hair for tznius and modesty. It seems ridiculous to wear a wig in the name of modesty that attracts even more attention than our natural hair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels