Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Tech yid co hot plate - smoke coming out of it first time

salamanca

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 9:39 pm
Does anyone remember if smoke came out of the tech yid co hot plate the first time it was turned on?

That is what happened to mine on Friday while it was heating up. It stopped when it got hot but I was too nervous to have it on for Shabbos, so I turned it off. Tonight when I tried it out, it did not smoke.

jflower

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 9:52 pm
No that didn't happen to me and I have 2 of these hot plates. Call the company or the store where you bought it.

salamanca

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 10:00 pm
Thanks jflower. I just want to check that indeed you were looking at the plate the first 15 minutes or so that it was on.

salamanca

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 10:57 pm
I contacted the company a short while ago and already got a response:
"Yes I assure you your hotplate is in perfect working condition. The heating elements are stored in an oil solution to preserve the metals. The oil solution is wiped off prior to assembly. Sometimes not all the oil is wiped off, and it burns off when the unit is first powered on. Please place the unit in a well ventilated area and leave plugged in until all vapor dissipates"

jflower

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 11:16 pm
Yes I was looking at both hot plates when I first turned them on. The response you got from the company is quite reassuring. I would test it tomorrow while keeping a watchful eye on the hot plate. Leave it on for a few hours to make sure it's working properly.

I use a timer with my hot plate. I set it to go on at 8 am till early afternoon then again from tzais till about 10-11pm. This works for us.

I hope it all works out.

salamanca

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 11:59 pm
Thanks jflower! Chag Sameach!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 1:06 am
Mine had steam coming out a little at first, from a vent on the side. It went away within a few minutes. I haven't had any problems using the plata. We're very happy with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics