Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Is there a website that reviews lower-priced phones?
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 4:22 pm
Thanks, heading over there for a look.

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 1:54 am
OK, in a burst of impulsivity fueled by yet another messed-up work-related phone call, I bought a used S6 on ebay, and now I wish I had done so a week ago because it won't be here until next week. On ebay the J7s were going up to $100 anyway and that's considered a lower-end phone so I figured that if my budget was that unrealistic anyway, I may as well go for the best chance at a camera I hope to love. Since the camera was the main thing I really wanted to upgrade, other than that minor inconvenience of the person on the other end of phone calls not being able to hear me half the time. I'll try to report back on how it goes.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 10:36 pm
Just putting it out there that one thing I have learned to look for (didn't know this before I had a phone without this feature) is that the battery should be replaceable. I got a low end phone (Blu HD R1) and I see that the battery is losing its luster with time and I'll have to replace the whole phone at that point (it's 1.5 years old)...I'd like a Moto G6 or Play if I were buying new and had excess cash after reviewing "budget" phones, but for now I'm hoping my phone lasts me a good while longer.

wow

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:57 pm
seeker wrote:
Oh, and can someone who has the S6 or J7 report on how the size feels in the hand? Sure there are measurements online but it's hard to visualize I REALLY don't have time for stores right now (I should make some, though.) My old phone is an S4 mini so I'm used to having something that can fit in my pocket and my hand pretty easily. It seems like there aren't really any thrilling mini-size Android phones lately so I'm OK with upsizing a little, but I don't want a giant tablet.

I had the same issue with size. I was coming from an s5 mini. I opted for a Sony xperia xz1 compact and am so in love with it. It's the closest in size to my old phone but it's so quick and cool and amazing! Love it.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:59 pm
I have the J7 I'm happy with it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 12:58 am
Sebastian wrote:
I have the J7 I'm happy with it.

I was really not pleased with the J7. It is not water resistant, and droplets got onto and into the phone too often that it started causing issues after just a few too short months. Also, the phone had a bad fall, the screen cracked, and when I went to replace the screen, I was informed (by more than one repair center) that the screen is just glued on, unlike higher end phones, and to replace it would cost more than the phone was worth.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars