Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Shul with active female section on Simchas Torah
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
If you want to travel, at Rabbi Goldberger's shul in Baltimore the women dance, also (not with a sefer torah)!

I dont know when the last time you were at Rabbi Goldbergers, but the women absolutely do NOT dance. They stand and watch and its crammed. And if women do start to dance, its shut down almost right away.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Sep 22 2018, 9:07 pm
At many Chabad Houses the women dance (no Sefer Torah, obv. with a mechitzah).

Worth looking around!

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 12:42 am
Passaic! We're getting closer and closer to home! Very Happy Keep going!

We do have a local Chabad but it's very small. I'll ask what they do.

Would still love to hear back from amother who was in a similar situation as a kid, about what might have helped make these things easier.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 1:07 am
amother wrote:
Our shul has dancing on both sides of the mechitza, with a sefer torah on each side.

But we are in Israel -- not an easy commute for you!

Please post which shul!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 24 2018, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
Please post which shul!!
So, I was not that amother poster, but my local yishuv shuls also have torah's for the women to hold while dancing. (in israel)

etky

Post Mon, Sep 24 2018, 4:12 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So, I was not that amother poster, but my local yishuv shuls also have torah's for the women to hold while dancing. (in israel)

Same.
It's not a rarity anymore.
Women dance with Torahs in shuls throughout the country.
Not in ALL shuls, obviously, but in most cities and towns with a significant DL population you will be able to find a shul that has this as well as other content for women on Simchat Torah.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 2:54 pm
I've definitely seen women dancing. Yes mechitza. No, not everyone wants to and many moms prefer to sit and shmuz. Now, dancing with a Torah, I haven't seen ime and would be afraid of it falling lol it's very heavy and has consequences when it falls, that I wouldn't want. I'm happy dancing or not, alone or not, or just clapping hands and singing, or not.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:53 pm
Happy update: We found a (relatively local) relative whom DD feels comfortable joining and optimism has returned. Hope that works out. It will involve a LOT of flexibility on my part but it's worth it even if just to get through the next 5 days with a positive attitude.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:57 pm
amother wrote:
I thought I posted before shabbos but I dont see it. Young israel in passaic. Rwmo, warm and inviting with action on the women's side as well. It is truly a beautiful experience and I have disliked simchas Torah atmoosphere in many shuls.

Another vote for young Israel of Passaic - very leibidig for women but done in a refined way. Everyone there really feels part of the simcha. There is an area to watch the men’s dancing but then there is another section for women to dance (fully blocked off by mechitzas so women can feel comfortable dancing there and no men can see it at all). Women and girls come from all over the community to be a part if it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics