Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Sundance vacations scam?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 10:42 am
I got a call that I won a trip to Orlando with this company. Did anyone else here ever hear about this? Is it real?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 11:02 am
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
I got a call that I won a trip to Orlando with this company. Did anyone else here ever hear about this? Is it real?

Did you apply for this contest that you "won"? Tongue Out

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 11:54 am
Yes. I called them they said it's not a prize they do it to get people to use them again. They want me to come meet them and then they will give us the prize

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I called them they said it's not a prize they do it to get people to use them again. They want me to come meet them and then they will give us the prize

It's a timeshare sales pitch they want you to sit through. Beware it can be almost impossible to say no to all their ploys.

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 1:09 pm
And the prize generally turns out to have so many strings attached, that no one would actually use it.

Years ago when I was younger, I went to one of those presentations because I had "won" a weekend in San Francisco. I knew it was a ploy to sell me a timeshare but since I had no intention of buying anything I thought it would be an interesting experience.

The trip to San Francisco was in some kind of crazy school bus that left once a week and I wouldn't have wanted to sit in the motel that was the "prize" let alone actually sleep in it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 6:29 pm
I won the prize for sitting through the spiel. It 2 $300 gift certificates which we traded in for a Gucci watch and a 4 night vacation in one of their properties. I enjoyed the vacation very much and have rented from owners. I never bought.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 6:36 pm
You have to be extremely careful, they are Con Artists, and people get trapped into timeshares you NEVER use!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics