Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
How long to give it?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 11:50 am
Someone I considered a good friend had twins late August. We moved away so I can't just "visit." I've been calling and texting her to find out how she and the babies are doing. It is understandable that things are hectic and chaotic as she has other children as well. I do miss her and want to know how she's doing. I can see that she's "been" on Facebook--only "active" , hasn't posted anything, but whenever I try to message her she doesn't respond. I only know of one contact in common but I don't have that much to do with her, so I feel weird going through her to ask. I have her husband's phone number as well, but is it being nosy to go through him?

trixx

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 11:59 am
Give it until she responds, and if she never does, give it up.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:25 pm
It's only been a month. Give it more time.
My best friend had a baby after many years of waiting. It took her about 4 weeks to respond to my phone calls /texts inquiring after her and her baby's wellbeing. I respected her privacy and gave her space. She must have been really overwhelmed. I didn't ask her to respond to me; I said "please don't feel obligated to respond; I'm just sending my love and best wishes and hope things are going well.

If you want you can send a platter or gift or something.

Please give it time! I'd say 3 months at least.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:49 pm
Either she is really overwhelmed or her or the babies not ok. give space.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:54 pm
After birth I am usually hormonal, overwhelmed and just not in the mood of talking to people especially on the phone. I find the adjustment hard enough without having to answer texts and calls etc....
It could be she is the same. I also hung around social media while I nursed or had some down time...
Give her some time... It's overwhelming Smile

rmbg

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:59 pm
I’m with magenta. The hardest thing for me after birth is the pressure to respond to everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more