Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Moving to Toms River / Lakewood schools to look inti

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 12:32 am
I would like to move to Toms River within the year and am looking into which schools to apply to for next year. My oldsst daughter will be in primary next year so seems like the right time to make the move.
She is in Bais Yaakov boro park now, we are more of a heimish family w chassdish background
What are some ideas of schools I can look into ?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 11:49 pm
Can anyone help with this ?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:42 am
Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to have any school look at your application when you currently live in Brooklyn. It's very tough to get accepted even if you would live here already.

Does your dh wear a shtreimel? Kesser bais yaakov works for heimish/chassidish but its nearly impossible to get in.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:06 am
amother wrote:
Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to have any school look at your application when you currently live in Brooklyn. It's very tough to get accepted even if you would live here already.

Does your dh wear a shtreimel? Kesser bais yaakov works for heimish/chassidish but its nearly impossible to get in.

Right I know this. But on the other hand everyone also says do not move until you have a school. So .. Sad

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:09 am
Try to figure out if someone you know has connections. Or if someone you know knows someone else who has connections...

Network IRL as much as you can.That's your best bet.

debsey

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 11:07 am
Depends on what you mean by heimishe.

Tiferes Chaya (Leifer) and Kesser BY both spring to mind, but both are hard to get into.

Do you have any natural connection to any of the chassiduses here in town? I heard a rumor that Stolin is looking to start a heimishe girls BY, dk if that's happening in enough time to help you. Belz recently opened a school, but mothers don't drive.

There definitely are heimish families in schools like Bais Tova, but not as heimish as in the schools I wrote about above.

You have to be very specific about where you'd fit - maybe describe where you would have sent in Brooklyn and someone can post info about schools that are similar in Lakewood.

oneofakind

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 3:25 pm
I believe heimish/chassidish girls from Toms River are mostly going to Bnos Penina.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 3:34 pm
oneofakind wrote:
I believe heimish/chassidish girls from Toms River are mostly going to Bnos Penina.

Yes, that's right! You just jogged my memory. It's Bnos Peninah.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Sep 29 2018, 9:36 pm
oneofakind wrote:

Yes bnos penina has a very big Tom's river crowd and BYBP girls that move
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers