Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Tuna casserole

Tovah

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 4:13 pm
anyone have a good recipe? thanks

Crayon210

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 6:12 pm
I make a tuna-noodle casserole:

Make a box of whatever noodles you'd like.

Mix in tuna fish, mixed veggies (or any canned veggies), cheese, and cream of mushroom soup (I can't find it cholov yisroel so I use some milk and butter). Finish up with some slices of cheese on top. Bake it at about 350 for about 1/2 an hour or so, depending on how crunchy you like the noodles.

This is a recipe that changes every time I make it, but I like that it has protein, calcium, veggies, and starch all in one. It's also an easy prep. Experiment, and enjoy!

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 9:23 pm
Tovah, this is the way I make it.

I use any noodles and cook them up.

mix tuna with a little mayo, onion soup mix garlic, corn and peas. ( I sometimes leave out the corn an peas)

mix all together and bake for 1/2 hr to 45 minutes.

Tovah

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 10:04 pm
my mother actually makes it with cream of mushroom sauce but here it's not c''y. but rochel leah I think I'll try yours. I sort of made one up for supper tonight, wasn't that bad -or good embarrassed

curlyhead

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 10:39 pm
I put corn flakes crumbs on top

cutemother

Post Tue, Nov 14 2006, 5:10 pm
I make my tuna casserole with elbow pasta, put in pickles, mayo and ketchup, drop of salt and garlic powder. everyone loves it, and it's pareve.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 15 2006, 4:32 pm
am I the only one who can't eat tuna hot? I woud make it and chill it and then enjoy it cold!

Tila

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 3:40 pm
Be daring. I have added a can if minced chillies(ortega), mustard, ketchup, roated red pepper minced. I have to try the onion soup!

redhot

Post Wed, Dec 20 2006, 3:53 pm
I make it with any shape pasta, tuna chopped up, can of cream of mushroom soup, can of peas, and I mix in american cheese, and place some american cheese and ketchup on top.

bake for 45 minutes (350)

shopaholic

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 11:22 am
Oh, I have a good one, but I'm not at home to look it up.

It's noodles, tuna, a cheese sauce. Mix it all together & put bread crumbs on top & bake.

miriam

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 1:26 pm
Some people don't eat fish with cheese.

mimivan

Post Sat, Oct 06 2007, 9:12 pm
I was feeling really lazy one night and just stir fried summer squash, onion and cut up carrots, peas, mixed it together with the noodles and the tuna. Added a tiny bit more canola oil, salt, pepper and we ate it like that. DH said "Don't bother baking it next time or adding soup...It's good like this"

Good to know, because it was really fast and easy, and they liked it just the same without the extra stuff..(also lower in calories) Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals