Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Noise from neighbors when taking apart the succah

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Oct 02 2018, 11:19 pm
So it's 11:00 p.m and my next door neighbor took apart their succah with all the children helping... There was yelling, crying, calling a brother on volume 100 ... While I was trying to put my kids to sleep cause ya know there's school tomorrow to attend eventhough an hour late but they gotta have some sleep... So finally I saw they're done taking it apart and everything was put away( with a family of don't know how many kids it can be done in seconds) but after that it started raining and the kids were having a good time and they were making so much noise!!
I was hesitating if I should even tell them to be quiet cause a few weeks ago their big girls invited friends over and they were talking so loud after like 10:30 p.m. . I asked them nicely if they can be quiet and they nicely went into the house. But I don't like being the mean neighbor and it's so not my type but my husband ended up asking them now to please be quiet.

What would u do??

mom of many kih

Post Tue, Oct 02 2018, 11:23 pm
Nothing. Let them take it apart....

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 02 2018, 11:23 pm
Talk to your neighbor about it...once the post y”t hecticity has subsided. Sounds like she has older children and forgot what it’s like... just be super nice about it. Sounds like they don’t mean it, her daughter listened nicely, etc.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 12:21 am
11:00 isn't so late on motzei yom tov. Its yom tov season, theres nothing you can do.

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 1:15 am
Your kids have school tomorrow? Wow. I was just trying to figure out why on earth mine don't. Work goes on as usual and I've had enough after all these days off and finding what to do with my kids on every chol hamoed and erev-everything that they didn't have school.

The family I stayed by took down their sukkah tonight because their sons came for yom tov and are going back to where they live in the morning. They didn't seem especially noisy, just saying this may be a reason why tonight specifically they might just do what it takes no matter how late it gets. But certainly they should be made aware that their noise level is too high, they might just not notice it.

happyone

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 1:17 am
Tis the season!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 2:12 am
I wouldn’t say anything about a sukka it’s a once a year thing. Turn on a noise maker. And lucky you that your kids have school tomorrow!

Chloe22

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 7:20 am
Sorry about the noise, but I'm glad they got it down before the rain

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 7:20 am
Stop complaining and be grateful for what you have. We live in a changing neighborhood. Our new neighbors were partying last night too, but to a different tune. They were probably doing drugs. What we would do to have nice Yiddishe neighbors next door taking down their succah. We would do anything to change places with you. We are an older couple with grown children and don't have anyone to help us take our succah down. Just saying.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 8:20 am
I'd tell them sorry but my children are trying to sleep - even if not true
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette