Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Info on bnos esther malka and moreshes in lkwd
1  2  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:26 pm
Can anyone tell me if pple are happy. Are they similar crowds?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:43 pm
I'm only familiar with Bnos Esther Malka. I know several families who send there - friends and relatives - and they are all THRILLED. They are all lovely people, so as far as the crowd goes, if they are all like my friends and relatives - really nice. The principal, Mrs. Schorr, is phenomenal. The curriculum is academic but without pressure.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 10:46 pm
I don't know anything about the school or the crowd, but I know Mrs Schorr personally, and you can't get a better principal than her... The most warm, caring, and open minded individual. I don't have school age kids but if I were able to get my daughter into her school, I would certainly send there.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:43 am
Bump

What's the crowd
Academics
Oldest grade this year
Administration: nice or very official?

Tia

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 11:22 am
working frum crowd. Academics supposed to be good. They have a 6th grade this year. Very friendly hanhala. When we went to interview a couple of years ago we felt very comfortable. Primary thru 3rd have 2 classes.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
Bump

What's the crowd
Academics
Oldest grade this year
Administration: nice or very official?

Tia

The owner is Rabbi Gellman from Masores.
The crowd is working fathers with a slightly yeshivish touch. Like fathers could wear a colored shirt.
Oldest grade I believe is six but don't quote me.
Learning level I am sure is academic inclined.
Administrator the guy owns several schools so it's run official with warmth, its not melava malka style. But the staff is nice and experienced. I know it is hard to get in like all other places.
Regarding moreshes?? I don't have info. I know about Bnos Esther Malka cuz my mom works in Masores and my cousins go to BEM.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:22 pm
Unusual question but asking because this phenomenon unfortunately exists in some places: if god forbid parents have a hard time paying tuition, or full tuition, are these schools known to keep the kids out of class?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
working frum crowd. Academics supposed to be good. They have a 6th grade this year. Very friendly hanhala. When we went to interview a couple of years ago we felt very comfortable. Primary thru 3rd have 2 classes.

Is that about bnos Esther malka or moreshes?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:27 pm
that was about bnos esther malka. As far as I know Moreshes is similar type of parents, frum working, I think they only have one class per grade.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:28 pm
that was about bnos esther malka. As far as I know Moreshes is similar type of parents, frum working, I think they only have one class per grade.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 11:21 pm
deleted

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 12:53 am
amother wrote:
I dont know of anyone in BEM who wasnt allowed to attend because of not paying tuition.However, they are very strict about you meeting all your financial obligations like tuition and building fund ,on time. My feelings are that there is nobody to negotiate with. They have a scholarship form but it feels quite invasive so even when one of us lost our jobs , I chose not to fill it out. They are also very expensive per month. I pay less for a high school girl than I do over there...but we are very happy so it makes it all worthwhile!

What's their official full tuition? Higher than other schools?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 9:57 am
this year its $5,100 I think. And yes they go thru a company that takes care of their tuition and if you ask for any little bit off you have to fill out a form with alot of personal information, which I also chose not to fill out, because it asks very personal questions.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 9:57 am
I do think though that they pay better and therefore have great teachers!

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
this year its $5,100 I think. And yes they go thru a company that takes care of their tuition and if you ask for any little bit off you have to fill out a form with alot of personal information, which I also chose not to fill out, because it asks very personal questions.

Bnos Brocha is the same, give or take a few dollars maybe plus registration. And 2 other schools I know Also use edminify for payments.
Are some other schools cheaper?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 11:55 am
they dont use edemnify, a diff place in monsey. I dont think edemnify has such papers to fill out.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 11:54 am
Do they have Any special rules about clothing, shoes, hair styles? Or any other interesting rules?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 9:30 pm
Need to wear tights from 4th grade and up. I know when they look into who they are accepting they are makpid that the mother dresses tznius.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 12:42 am
Do they allow booties?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:15 am
amother wrote:
Do they allow booties?

I think so. My nieces in BEM had booties. To be honest, I don't know what it says in the school rules, though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics