Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Daughters 'friend' cut her hair off - help!
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:22 am
so sorry this happened to your DD OP. I'm glad the parents are taking this seriously, too. A child older than 9 who did something like this needs serious help. It is totally inappropriate.

I just want to mention that in children and adolescents, many experts are against unequal friendships, which often result when children are friends with kids who are not the same age. It often leads to unhealthy interactions.

For example, I encourage my 10 year old to play with the 9 year old a few doors down, or the 11 year old around the corner....a year or so is fine. But I don't encourage her to join with the 13 and 14 year olds. That would not be a level playing field, and bullying can often occur in such settings. To top it off, very often a child a few years older who is willing to hang around with a younger child, may be coming from an unhealthy place.

Just something to consider, for your child's safety.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children