Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Booking tickets to Israel for baby before its born

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:09 pm
Has anyone done it? Can you advise me of the process?

simba

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:11 pm
You don't need to book for a baby, an infant travels free (unless you plan on paying for a seat).
You can call and add the infant to your itinerary after the birth. Remember that you will have to get the baby a passport for travel and you need to have a birth certificate to make that.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:15 pm
simba wrote:
You don't need to book for a baby, an infant travels free (unless you plan on paying for a seat).
You can call and add the infant to your itinerary after the birth. Remember that you will have to get the baby a passport for travel and you need to have a birth certificate to make that.

Someone told me you need to pay 10% for a lap child, and if the price of the adult ticket increases, so does the infant fare? I dont know, Ive never done this..

simba

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
Someone told me you need to pay 10% for a lap child, and if the price of the adult ticket increases, so does the infant fare? I dont know, Ive never done this..

Depends on the airline. Check with them when your are booking.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:44 pm
I flew internationally (NY to Athens) with a 3 month old on delta and the fee wasn't minimal: it was a few hundred dollars. She didn't have her own ticket but my husband's ticket said 'lap infant X' (their last name) I'm pretty sure we needed all of her info to book the tickets

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:49 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I flew internationally (NY to Athens) with a 3 month old on delta and the fee wasn't minimal: it was a few hundred dollars. She didn't have her own ticket but my husband's ticket said 'lap infant X' (their last name) I'm pretty sure we needed all of her info to book the tickets

Right this is what I've heard, and if the ticket increases in price drastically after booking, so will the fees, which is why I'd like to book it at the same time

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:49 pm
Just not sure how to accomplish this without birthdate or name?

bobeli

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 8:13 pm
Call the airline and ask but for what I know the birthday is irrelevant so you can give the due date and there is no name on the ticket it just states in one of the parents boarding pass plus lap infant.
You do have to show passport at check in. Maybe is 10% of the parents ticket

rzab

Post Fri, Oct 05 2018, 1:16 am
We flew to Israel with a three week old about 6 years ago. (there was a family Simcha...).
We booked tickets for the whole family and added the baby after. If I remember correctly we just had to pay taxes for a lap child.
Since we we knew things were going to be tight we used a travel agency. They were very helpful and took care of it all so that got rid of the potential headaches

Metukah

Post Fri, Oct 05 2018, 1:51 am
I have done this plenty of times.

Each airline has a set fee for lap infants. It is not dependant on dare fee, but may be dependant on flight distance.

All the airlines I have contacted have advised to book for everyone else before and add the infant after it is born.

Many airlines don't allow infants younger than 14 days to fly.

One time we even arrived at the airport without having booked for the infant. They just added it on the spot and I paid the fixed infant fare.

WhatFor

Post Fri, Oct 05 2018, 2:51 am
amother wrote:
Right this is what I've heard, and if the ticket increases in price drastically after booking, so will the fees, which is why I'd like to book it at the same time

Really? What a racket. It's not like the value of your lap goes up closer to the flight. Were they planning on renting it out to other babies?

pesek zman

Post Fri, Oct 05 2018, 3:22 am
rzab wrote:
We flew to Israel with a three week old about 6 years ago. (there was a family Simcha...).
We booked tickets for the whole family and added the baby after. If I remember correctly we just had to pay taxes for a lap child.
Since we we knew things were going to be tight we used a travel agency. They were very helpful and took care of it all so that got rid of the potential headaches

How did you get a passport so quickly? 3 weeks old is usually around the time the birth certificate and social security card comes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics