Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help me not accidentally abandon my kids!!

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:22 am
My son finishes at 2pm, but 4pm twice a week, 12 on fridays, 1pm on sundays, chug twice a week 5-6, library on wednesdays, etc. etc. And thats just one of my kids.

I need a really great scheduler (app or something) so I can keep on top and not accidentally abandon one of my kids because I forgot that the 2nd tues of every month is early/late/medium pickup...

Any ideas for a great userfriendly app?

mha3484

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:32 am
I use the iPhone calendar. I set it as an appointment with a reminder an hour before.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:35 am
I forgot my little sister in law once in a shul at a big event like purim embarrassed

simcha2

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:39 am
I use my phone's alarms for recurring stuff (Friday pick up, early Tuesdays etc.) And calendar alarm for one off events

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 10:05 am
In a paper planner, I'll put in a plug for the one I co-produce: The Balabusta's Daily Organizer. Put a tab on the "Weekly Routine" page in the Quick Reference section and write down all those recurring events there. No alarms though; you actually have to turn to the page every day and read what you wrote! All the one-off events go in the regular weekly or monthly pages.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 10:59 am
Phone calendar. I do android and have set reoccurring things on it plus reminders for things that change. So let's say I have "KID A pickup" for 4pm Monday, and every Monday it goes off as a reminder at 10am, but say there is a half day of school that day I would have a different alert the day before to remind me "1:30 dismissal". I can set multiple reminders for the same event, so I get a reminder the day before plus that morning again at 10:30 (so I remember despite just getting the usual Monday reminder).

I used to be a paper calendar person but once I got my phone system set up I save that $15 and haven't looked back. It makes it easy to add dates, import dates (Hebcal allows you to add the Yom tov calendar!) and then change it if a meeting switches!

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 11:34 am
Hebdate is app on my phone that combines Hebrew & Secular Calendar dates with zmanim, Jewish chagim. It has Scheduler, alarms for reminders...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics