Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Suggestions for School Uniform with old School Logo?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 6:28 am
Hiya

I run a School Uniform 'Recycling Gemach'. People give me their old school uniforms and I pass it on to others.

All are checked and in great condition I.e. no tears, no rips, no buttons missing, no fading etc.

The issue is that about 18 months ago the school decided to change its logo and therefore everyone needed to buy new school uniforms with the new logo.

The school does allow for the old logo to be worn until it naturally fazes out, however most people bought new uniform and so there is only a small percentage wearing the old logo.

As most people didnt want to throw out all their uniform with old logo that had nothing wrong with it, a lot of it has been donated to me.

A lot of people did take these old logo uniforms from me, however most people are now requesting "only new logo" from me.

So now you have the background, my question is; do you know any school uniform gemachs maybe in Israel that would like to take these items?! Or any other suggestions?

The logo is embroidered on, however an iron on patch or similar should easily cover the logo. It is a Beis Yaacov Logo if that makes a difference.

There is approx (could be +/-)
40 navy pinafores
70 navy cardigans
50 navy Jumpers
All ages between 3 - 12

Plus approx 20+ plain navy cardigans ages 4/5/6

Many thanks Very Happy

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 6:55 am
Why don't you order new iron on logos & put on top of these so you can still give them

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 7:02 am
dankbar wrote:
Why don't you order new iron on logos & put on top of these so you can still give them

Because the school doesnt have iron on patches they must be embroidered onto the clothing.

If I did that it would clearly be "gemach uniform".

Thanks anyway for your reply.

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:20 pm
is there no way to remove old logos & re embroider with new ones?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:43 pm
No.

These items are surplus to requirements as I have got new donations of items with new logo.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:30 pm
It sounds like maybe you should remove the emblems with a seam ripper and donate the uniforms to Goodwill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics