Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What's considered flirting with male workers?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
I guess for this reason imamother is great. I'm embarissed that I even said this. I had ulterior motives behind this comment which was about my job. He's not my boss. Not gonna elaborate cos afraid ppl will get me.
I'm just a friendly woman and usually reflects the person that speaks to me. I'll try from tommorw iyH to tone down. Not sure how thou....

Just don't talk about family planning at work. With anybody. Make that a rule for yourself.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:33 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Even so, this is really not your friends business . She is breaching her boundaries as well by getting so involved. .

This.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:
I just read about the father of 11 that was nifter. I'm crying. I feel bad that I even bought up this topic!!!
I guess this is a woman. And an hormonal one too! If a man would read this they'd cackle. Suddenly my brain is sad and feeling terribly guilty for normalising my work situation.

Nonsense. No need for breast-beating. Tragedies happen every day; that doesn’t make anyone else’s problems less problematic. You may have come here looking to gripe about what you felt to be overreacting meddling coworkers, expecting to be told that you’re just fine and they need a reality check. Instead, you learned something important. This is a good thing.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 5:53 pm
sounds like dramatizing if I read this correctly op you really meant that you assure your coworker that DH would be okay with everything you tell this guy and how you talk to him so when she heard this one she said as if she would tell him and he'd be okay with it. She is not really going to tell him.
And anyway sounds like she has a point.
Correct?

redefine your "relationship" with him as in you don't have one, he is not your friend.

Zaq has a good read on it.

Rather than freak out simply make a plan of being cool to this guy and not sharing more, he will get used to it, and stick to it. You don't need to discuss it further with your coworker other than to say you've decided to make some changes. Letting this guy be the focus of so much energy is an issue in and of itself.

don't you all have some work you need to get done over there?

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:

don't you all have some work you need to get done over there?

LOL
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics