Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
First sheital buying advice. please help

Alexandra1

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:11 am
looking to purchase first sheital. I am looking for a very comfortable sheital that looks natural. what brands should I look at?Which store in 5 towns has best selection and a stylist who will help me decide?

adventuresOOT

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:25 am
Mazel tov! The happiest I've ever been when buying a sheitel was when I brought a friend whose sheitel and general style I like along with me. A second set of eyes is a must. Lace fronts look great on instagram but often crummy in real life. Baby hair is much more natural and looks terrific. Ask around for a sheitelmacher who is willing to let you come back for little tweaks (for example, mine lets you come back for trims/adjustments free of charge the whole first year after purchase), someone who is not pushy, and someone who will get your style vs. trying to make you fit hers.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:30 am
Buy from a sheitelmacher, not a company. Make sure to get baby hair.

I have 1 wig with and 1 without and you cannot compare!

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:07 pm
Is Yael still around. 516 374 6603

Her sheitals are stunning. My second choice is Shevy.

imachild

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:56 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Buy from a sheitelmacher, not a company. Make sure to get baby hair.

I have 1 wig with and 1 without and you cannot compare!

Why do you say better from a sheitel macher?

ahuva06

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 1:02 pm
imachild wrote:
Why do you say better from a sheitel macher?

I'm not the one who said that but I agree - because a sheitel macher usually will stand behind the product and help you out if you have any issues. The company is too large to be busy with individuals... They generally have relationships with the sheitel machers...

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 5:03 am
I bought my first wig from AG Wigs, who has since moved to the 5Towns. Ayala is amazing and I love my wig.
https://www.instagram.com/ag_wigs/

mlc

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 3:04 pm
Ahuva Walkin in Far Rockaway is amazing!!!

I know lots of people who bought wigs from her and all are thrilled with their purchase. She has a nice range of brands and price ranges for you to choose from and is super talented aesthetic wise as well as styling .

Number is 347-409-6907

Good luck!!!

mlc

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 3:08 pm
adventuresOOT wrote:
Mazel tov! The happiest I've ever been when buying a sheitel was when I brought a friend whose sheitel and general style I like along with me. A second set of eyes is a must. Lace fronts look great on instagram but often crummy in real life. Baby hair is much more natural and looks terrific. Ask around for a sheitelmacher who is willing to let you come back for little tweaks (for example, mine lets you come back for trims/adjustments free of charge the whole first year after purchase), someone who is not pushy, and someone who will get your style vs. trying to make you fit hers.

Great advice !!!

Altho I would add that if really depends on the lace front - some really look all that amazing in real life, depends how it’s done

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 6:52 am
try try try. Sometimes the more expensive isn't the best, or the simplest is, or whatever. U should love it and feel great in it, not expect it to stretch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels