Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Best bank in Brooklyn Area

Best bank?
TD  
 12%  [ 10 ]
Chase  
 76%  [ 60 ]
Capital One  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Santander  
 3%  [ 3 ]
Investors  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dime  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Apple  
 0%  [ 0 ]
HSBC  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Northfield  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Berkshire  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Metropolitan Commercial  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Citi  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 78

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:09 pm
Obviously for different people.. different ones are "best" but just trying to see what's popular and why..I didn't list all since there are way too many, but the ones I thought are more popular.
Plus if you can say why in comments I'd appreciate.

ETA: I mistakenly put citi on the question line, and now it won't let me edit..

[fixed it for you- Yael]

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:12 pm
What really makes 1 bank better than the next? A tiny fraction of a better interest rate maybe? I think most people choose based on location/convenience.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
What really makes 1 bank better than the next? A tiny fraction of a better interest rate maybe? I think most people choose based on location/convenience.

Well, when you live in a place that has tons of bank right near you... what would make you choose one over another?
Plus there are banks that have better service.
Or a higher minimum.
Better online banking options

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 1:07 pm
Another thing to consider is if they have good mobile banking options. Also if theybhave quick pay type of options dor sending payment to someone else. I know someone who uses apple bank, if I owe hwr money, I have to actually give it to her, cant just semd her an electronic payment. But with chase, wells fargo, citi and many other banks, you could.

Lizzie4

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 2:29 am
Charles Schwab

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 8:57 am
TD Bank has great hours, but horrific customer service (over the phone) and limited locations. Chase has great customer service, great offers, and is overall definitely a bank I'd recommend.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 03 2021, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 9:13 am
I like Chase. I switched from TD after they plopped a new fee on my account without notifying me and customer service (at the bank) did nothing about it. When I was charged for something at Chase that I wasn't aware had a fee, they waived it as a courtesy.

Also, Chase has great credit cards and if you're an account holder, you are more easily approved for their cards.

mom!

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 9:16 am
We switched from Wells Fargo to TD and are thrilled!

twogees

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:40 pm
We had chase but for various reasons switched to capitol one. love capital one for the fact that we earn interest on our regular checking.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:16 pm
Very few banks today offer free shipping with no minimum. That is definitely something to consider. I was really happy with the service at Citibank but I have to pay a monthly service fee which I'm really not happy about. The only reason why I still bank there is because they have easy online international wiring which dh needs to do monthly, and I haven't yet found a bank that offers both free checking and mobile international wire (not sure of the exact term; hope it's clear what I mean).
I'm not a Chase customer but dh has a bsuiness account there, and QuickPay is the best!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 8:05 pm
Bumping this...

In addition to OP's question, are there any banks that are offering perks for opening a savings account?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics