Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
All fridge or side by side?
Previous  1  2

What kind of fridge do you have and do you like it?
All fridge, and I love it  
 37%  [ 16 ]
All fridge, and it doesn't fit that much  
 9%  [ 4 ]
Side by side, and I love it  
 13%  [ 6 ]
Side by side, and it doesn't fit that much  
 39%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 43

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:40 pm
tf wrote:
What's counter-depth fridge and freezer? Aren't all fridge and freezers counter depth? Is it confused with counter height?

No. Counter depth is not as deep as regular. I believe it's a difference of 6 inches.

dankbar

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:45 pm
counter depth is only 2 ft deep. It would be the same deep as a regular cabinet so it doesn't protrude way too much out of the alignment of cabinet so it should look symmetrical to the kitchen cabinets it's standing in between. Prettier from outside but lose the space inside

tf

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 3:47 pm
dankbar wrote:
counter depth is only 2 ft deep. It would be the same deep as a regular cabinet so it doesn't protrude way too much out of the alignment of cabinet so it should look symmetrical to the kitchen cabinets it's standing in between. Prettier from outside but lose the space inside

Dankbar, ich bin dir Dankbar far dan entfer. 😀

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 5:09 pm
Counter depth means the depth of the refrigerator box — that means not including the doors and handles — is about 24" . On a standard depth refrigerator the box is typically 27" or 28" deep. A standard base or tall cabinet typically is 24" deep.

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:04 pm
Just FYI, if energy-efficiency matters to you, freezer on top is the most efficient of the combo fridge-and-freezer styles. Side by side is the least.

chanee

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:28 pm
I'm considering the wide side by side fridge of 48" but counter depth then a full sized freezer out of the kitchen. Do you amothers think it's another good option for us cooks?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 9:53 pm
In a high end kitchen, yes, the 48" side by sides are a good option. They have pretty decent widths at least for the fridge side and you expect to have a separate freezer anyway.

The total capacity of a counter depth 48" is similar to the largest 36" French door fridges — but you'll pay at least $5000 more for that extra width.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:08 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
In a high end kitchen, yes, the 48" side by sides are a good option. They have pretty decent widths at least for the fridge side and you expect to have a separate freezer anyway.

The total capacity of a counter depth 48" is similar to the largest 36" French door fridges — but you'll pay at least $5000 more for that extra width.

Please google frigidaire side by side they are much cheaper than the sub zeros

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:23 am
Doodlesmom, I do residential and kitchen design professionally. Frigidaire does not make a 48" side by side. The Frigidaire Twins are 67 1/8" wide including trim kit and can be purchased for a bit over $3000.

Chanee was asking about 48" wide side by side fridge/freezers. The lowest priced 48" side by side I'm aware of is a GE Profile and costs more than $7000.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 8:20 am
The Frigidaire 48 side by side definitely exists, I just bought one a few weeks ago. It was over 7k. The ge profile was slightly more expensive. The subzero 48 was roughly 10k. My kitchen is still under construction so I haven't used it yet.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
The Frigidaire 48 side by side definitely exists, I just bought one a few weeks ago. It was over 7k. The ge profile was slightly more expensive. The subzero 48 was roughly 10k. My kitchen is still under construction so I haven't used it yet.

Can you put up a link to the Frigidaire 48"?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:15 am
www.kitchenaid.com/major-appli......html

It's a Kitchenaid, not fridgidaire. My mistake. In any case, it was the least expensive good quality 48 in option I found.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:37 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Doodlesmom, I do residential and kitchen design professionally. Frigidaire does not make a 48" side by side. The Frigidaire Twins are 67 1/8" wide including trim kit and can be purchased for a bit over $3000.

Chanee was asking about 48" wide side by side fridge/freezers. The lowest priced 48" side by side I'm aware of is a GE Profile and costs more than $7000.

Sorry my mistake thought we were talking about the wider ones with the trim kit in the OP

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:42 am
I got a new fridge last year when I moved, and it's the type that has a freezer drawer on the bottom. It's mostly fridge. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm glad I was discouraged from getting the side-by-side type, as I heard that they really end up not having enough room for lots of items.

I should mention that I have two full freezers in my garage, which is just off my kitchen. The freezer drawer in the kitchen is used more for every-day items, like bread and frozen pizza....

Sebastian

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 9:43 am
consumer reports says side by side is the worst fridge to get btw.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:09 pm
Disclaimer: my father in law has an appliance store

I have a double door fridge with a freezer on bottom, a smaller fridge with a freezer on top, and a full size deep freezer.
When we did our kitchen, I wanted a full size fridge and a full size freezer, but there wasn’t enough room. The fridge I have now, with the freezer on bottom, has the most space, and I really like it a lot.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:38 pm
I have a full Frigidaire fridge and a full freezer side by side with a trim kit. There is definitely a lot more space and better organization with this option. I do like to bake and cook a lot so I have an additional freezer, and fridge with top freezer in another room.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen