Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ezra medical center vision therapy

busylady

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 12:54 am
Has anyone here used ezra medical optometrist for vision therapy? Were they good? Any advice or recommendations?

busylady

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:21 pm
Bump! Anyone??

rf347

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:02 pm
Yes, 4 years ago, was satisfied

momesq

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:05 pm
I used dr Joel Warshowsky in Roslyn ny for 2 of my children. It did wonders for 1 of my children and was possibly a waste of $ for the other. He's very expensive but supposed to be "the best". But I think anyone who takes your insurance and was trained at SUNY (I think that's where the vision therapy schooling is) will have the same protocols and eye exercises. So if it's convenient to you and covered by ins I say go for it. There's nothing to lose. Dr Warshowsky is a schlep to get to and is an 8k-10k investment (no jns) and it's a gamble. It may or may not help. Hatzlocha.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 12:06 am
Vision therapy should not be a gamble; the therapist should be able to evaluate the nature of the problem to determine whether/how vision therapy can help. It is possible that you are referring to secondary effects such as reading ability, in which case even if a child has a vision problem and that gets resolved there could still be something else causing their reading difficulty (or writing, or coordination, or concentration, or headaches, or whatever it was that did not get the results you hoped for) Of course nothing is 100% guaranteed but it should be better odds than a "gamble."

busylady

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 12:55 am
Thanks for your replies!
Dr warshawsky was 8-10k per kid?
Seeker, vision therapy should not be a gamble, but there is so much controversy about it, and so little mainstream scientific research and evidence, that it's hard to make an educated well informed choice on a practitioner. So I would like to hear some feedback and success stories from people who've been there.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:06 pm
Bump

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:25 pm
My son was just reccomended and I was given 2 names in flatbush. Theres an eye care place on quentin and 35, and Schipper on ave L and 31st...

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
My son was just reccomended and I was given 2 names in flatbush. Theres an eye care place on quentin and 35, and Schipper on ave L and 31st...

Do you have the contact information for the eye care place on Quentin Road? Are these therapists supposed to be good?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 1:09 pm
My dr said she knew of them, and heard theu were ok. Imgoing for an eval, and if Im not happy will switch. Trying it out first

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
My dr said she knew of them, and heard theu were ok. Imgoing for an eval, and if Im not happy will switch. Trying it out first

Curious was this a pediatrician that recommended them? Did they recommend Ezra Medical?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries