Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Daughter with vision impairment

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 7:42 am
My daughter has amblyopia and myopia in both eyes. What this means is with her glasses and some eyedrops her eyes can see 20/80. With glasses and once eyedrops wear off she sees 20/100. We have been told it probably won't get better and that she isn't a candidate for vision therapy. Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing??? It's basically lazy eye in both eyes and bad vision to boot. Does anyone have any NY based docs that are at the top of this field??? We need a refuah big time. My hubby has NY based insurance BUT we also have pretty good coverage in NJ where we live. We need a doc if possible and some insights if anyone has any.

lizoo123

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:34 pm
I’m an optometrist, I’m happy to answer any questions you have, go through the case with you to get more details more details and give you some referrals for someone who can help, please feel free to PM me

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:39 pm
Dr Steeles office in BP has a lot of interesting cases. Perhaps give them a call. Refuah shlaima to your daughter!

esuss

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 2:07 pm
There are excellent pediatric opthalmologists in CHOP - Childrens hospital of Philadelphia. Its not too far from most central Jersey locations.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 3:16 pm
My ds has double vision. Glasses helped for a few years. Then his eyes changed. The pediatric opthalmologist wanted to do surgery. We went for a second opinion.

We currently use Dr Wang. He was able to figure out a prescription that works. DS is still boarder line for needed surgery, but it's getting better as he is getting older.

Go for a second or third opinion.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 5:54 pm
amother wrote:
My ds has double vision. Glasses helped for a few years. Then his eyes changed. The pediatric opthalmologist wanted to do surgery. We went for a second opinion.

We currently use Dr Wang. He was able to figure out a prescription that works. DS is still boarder line for needed surgery, but it's getting better as he is getting older.

Go for a second or third opinion.

Im not the op but I am looking for a good pediatric opthamologist for my child For a second opinion.

I searched for dr wang but a few came up. Can u pls tell me the full name??

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 5:57 pm
The DOE also provides Teachers of the Visually Impaired to those who qualify.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)