Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Happiness Cipher- New serial in Binah by Etka G!
  1  2  3  15  16  17  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 10:55 am
Just starting this thread to schmooze about the new serial.
I absolutely LOVE IT so far!!!
I'm glad the kesubah was worked out. I was actually wondering about that last week.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 10:59 am
Love her writing in general, but don’t get binah anymore. So sad I’m missing it.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:49 am
How was the kesubah worked out? I noticed in the sukkos issue they got married and was wondering how if she is under a different identity. Anon bc I told everyone I would write a letter lol

Zehava

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 12:11 pm
So glad to see a story about South Africa! That place has always intrigued me and I had to see it for myself Smile
Now when I read I can actually picture it!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
How was the kesubah worked out? I noticed in the sukkos issue they got married and was wondering how if she is under a different identity. Anon bc I told everyone I would write a letter lol

Harry doesn't read Hebrew and she told the "Rev" that Beile is her nickname.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:

She gave a note to the Rabbi/Reverend with her name written on it. Due to language barriers going both ways (Harry not reading Hebrew and her not speaking English) any strangeness was just shrugged off.

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 11:39 am
Any idea what Harry's dark secret is? (alluded to in the first chapter). Do you think he shot Srul Rvorsky?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 1:21 pm
What chapter is this serial up to? I stopped getting the Binah after her last serial finished. Wonder if it’s worth getting again?

animeme

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 1:29 pm
seeker wrote:
She gave a note to the Rabbi/Reverend with her name written on it. Due to language barriers going both ways (Harry not reading Hebrew and her not speaking English) any strangeness was just shrugged off.

The whole things seems like the definition of Mekach Ta'us. I wonder how prevalent it was with mail order brides.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 5:32 pm
She asked a Rabbi before using it as a storyline. The answer was basically that as long as Harry meets the false Beile and gives her the chance to refuse, and the kesuba is in order, it was ok (not recommended IRL obviously)

Chaya123

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:24 pm
Yes, I'm also enjoying this serial immensely and can't wait to read this week's installment! I'm thinking his dark secret is that maybe he's also not so legit, meaning they both married others than they thought? Very fascinating and well done!

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:51 pm
I'm guessing it has something to do with Rvorsky, like maybe he feels guilty for his death somehow.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:51 am
So this is about LAST week's chapter so no spoiler alert, I'm a little behind -
Is "Issy" some character I forgot being introduced to, or is Harry hallucinating that the deceased Srul Rvorsky (Issy = Israel?) is talking to him in shul?

cbsp

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:12 pm
seeker wrote:
So this is about LAST week's chapter so no spoiler alert, I'm a little behind -
Is "Issy" some character I forgot being introduced to, or is Harry hallucinating that the deceased Srul Rvorsky (Issy = Israel?) is talking to him in shul?

I was going to ask if I missed that as well. I had no doubt that Issy is Srul, just didn't remember if it was clearly stated as such...

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:02 pm
Cool. Chills Smile

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 2:04 pm
tigerwife wrote:
What chapter is this serial up to? I stopped getting the Binah after her last serial finished. Wonder if it’s worth getting again?

After reading this week's installment, I vote it's definitely worth renewing!
I seriously started looking forward to Modays...

Chaya123

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 12:08 pm
cbsp wrote:
I was going to ask if I missed that as well. I had no doubt that Issy is Srul, just didn't remember if it was clearly stated as such...

As far as I understood, Issy is his friend in Shul, who teases him the whole time.
The plot is definitely thickening and I just wonder when both of their secrets will be revealed and where each of them will go from there?
Their whole marriage is built on such deception and lies, yet on other hand, both are so happy to be married. So let's see what happens!

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 12:34 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
As far as I understood, Issy is his friend in Shul, who teases him the whole time.
The plot is definitely thickening and I just wonder when both of their secrets will be revealed and where each of them will go from there?
Their whole marriage is built on such deception and lies, yet on other hand, both are so happy to be married. So let's see what happens!

Issy turns up outside shul also. And he responds to Henry's unspoken thoughts. Definitely an internal demon. I love it.

Chaya123

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 12:35 pm
Also, what happened between Leiby/Leo and Harry? Sounds sinister...

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:52 pm
This is seriously turning out to be the best serial ever!!
What in the world could Harry's secret be?
And their marriage... sounds like it really has a lot of potential Smile
I'm loving the romantic parts.
Page 1 of 17   1  2  3  15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room