Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Season Changeover

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:15 pm
Closets stuffed with winter, summer & in between weather clothes! When do we get permission to remove cotton short & longs, to be able to just have one season clothes in closet?

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:20 pm
I put all of my kids shorts away last week. I keep the short sleeve shirts out though because they can be worn under a sweat shirt until it gets much colder out. For myself, a lot of my clothing is all season just a few things are super heavy or lightweight so it all ends up in the closet at the same time.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:36 pm
dankbar wrote:
Closets stuffed with winter, summer & in between weather clothes! When do we get permission to remove cotton short & longs, to be able to just have one season clothes in closet?

I’ve read your posts so I know you have a strong mind of your own. Don’t be a sheep. Be a leader, make your own decisions about these things, and let people ask YOU.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:38 pm
[quote="zaq"]I’ve read your posts so I know you have a strong mind of your own. Don’t be a sheep. Be a leader, make your own decisions about these things, and let people ask YOU.[/quote

Hmmm.... not op but comments like this is the main reason I almost always post anonymously

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:41 pm
Op, I was just thinking the same thing a few minutes ago.

I think I will remove real summer but keep them handy (not boxed up) like in neat piles on top of closet

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 2:07 pm
Why may I not allow to ask questions? I answer to other people's questions if I feel I can help them with an answer.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 3:06 pm
We don't do shorts or short sleeves in October so the real summer items have mostly been put away. There are some almost-all-year-round type options that we keep out for the kids.
For myself and dh, we mostly keep everything hanging in the closet all year.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 4:04 pm
I put away the shorts and short sleeves along with my girls summer wardrobe on Sunday. I have a fall wardrobe( thin long) so that plus winter are in the kids closets now.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 5:11 pm
Why I'm asking is because according to weather it's hot where short dress would be appropiate but according to calendar it's October so dont know if shorts are suitable.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 5:13 pm
If you cant wear shorts even though it's hot then there's no need for it to stuff up closets right now so I can take those out.

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 5:17 pm
So according to all of your responses I was just given permission to let the real summer stuff go....Yay!

Harried mama

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 5:54 pm
My boys are still wearing shorts (in EY). I don't plan on packing them away until the weather changes significantly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics