Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Nikki Haley resigning as UN Ambassador
Previous  1  2

iyar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:06 pm
She believes in term limits? Umm no. How long exactly did she serve? Not two years yet.
Job was too hard? No again.
Wants to spend time with her kids? That's what they all say when they resign and need something to say.
I agree with all of you above that her departure is a loss for us, for Israel, for the US, for the world.
I don't think any of us can guess (yet) why this happened or what's going on here.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 1:18 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I read that she told him 6 months ago. She said this job is way too hard for her. Big loss!!!

Nothing stays a secret in that administration for six hours, let alone six months. If true it would have been leaked a long time ago. Pompeo and Bolton knew nothing of it so I’m finding it really hard to believe that Trump kept such a secret from everyone for six months.

There is a lot of speculation with no clear answers yet.

Inspire

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 2:59 pm
another vote for Nikki in 2024!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 3:07 pm
The theories range from that she got a more lucrative position and owes a lot of money to the fact that she actually does want to run in 2024 and wants to distance herself from the Trump administration.

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 3:14 pm
The most plausible theories either involve her need to make more money to support the family, or that she's been slowly elbowed out by Pompeo and Bolton and decided to move on, but nobody really knows for sure.

marina

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 3:34 pm
"This job is too hard for me" btw, is code for "my boss is a deranged toddler."

iyar

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 3:41 pm
I’m not 100% you’re correct Marina but you did give me a major LOL!
And I have to admit your idea makes much more sense than the theory I posted on a different thread (...what word gives you away...)

Sebastian

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 3:42 pm
marina ain't that the truth lol.

I'm not sure that's the reason, but it is a valid one imo.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 5:57 pm
marina wrote:

I think her fellow UN Ambassadors from the Middle East and the EU are far more deranged than her boss (with whom she gets along rather well).

Working at the UN must be a high-stess job. Not a lot of support from your colleagues, etc.

wiki

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 9:01 pm
She did a super job and will be missed so much! It would be so great to vote for her for president one day!

Rumors I'm reading are that Sessions will soon be gone as attorney general, and Lindsey Graham might get the job when he's gone, and if that happens, then Haley wants to be available to get appointed to the vacant South Carolina Senate seat before a 2024 presidential run.

Pure speculation, but an interesting idea.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:50 am
Marina, thank you for giving me my first *snort-out-loud* moment of the day. Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:51 am
marina wrote:

This is (besides keyboard ruining) sobering. What's a better nusach? This job is above my pay grade? I don't want to mess up at work Very Happy

SuperWify

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:54 am
Ugh! What a loss!

Well at least now she has the chance to move onto bigger and better things.... hopefully....

Mevater

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 10:23 pm
Theres talk that shes in debt and that might have played into her reason for leaving.

Btw, is this a picture of a group of frum girls with her, on her Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/NikkiHaley/?tn-str=k*F
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics